Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: American Laser Games light gun controls  (Read 8731 times)

weevil6772

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2016, 06:40:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
American Laser Games light gun controls
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:25 pm »
I have american laser games launching just fine, but I'd like to know how to set controls on it. My light gun is there but apparently you need to press more than the trigger for the games to work. There seems to be a coin button etc on the xarcade controller I have as well. I can't seem to figure out how to set the controls for these games. Games like Mad Dog Mcree start and then jump to random scenes. I can press a button on the xarcade controller and add coins etc and seemingly can then actually play the game with my lightgun. Read lots of posts all over the net and still confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 01:37:27 pm
Re: American Laser Games light gun controls
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:50:32 pm »
Don't think you can change the controls.

From what I remember, pretty sure I had to use a auto hotkey script to map the controls to different buttons.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:42:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 01:32:53 pm »
I have american laser games launching just fine, but I'd like to know how to set controls on it. My light gun is there but apparently you need to press more than the trigger for the games to work. There seems to be a coin button etc on the xarcade controller I have as well. I can't seem to figure out how to set the controls for these games. Games like Mad Dog Mcree start and then jump to random scenes. I can press a button on the xarcade controller and add coins etc and seemingly can then actually play the game with my lightgun. Read lots of posts all over the net and still confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

What light gun do you have?

What software are you using to play the games?
The PC versions most people use don't have a coin input.
I don't think the game is fully playable in MAME.  There should be a big red box telling you that it isn't fully emulated unless you're running an unofficial (no-nag) version.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »
They don't work in mame. 
Due to the discs being very old, the pc versions don't work well and without the assistance of autohotkey to set some things. 
Singe has passable versions, but they aren't terribly accurate.  For help with those, please consult the daphne forums. 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:36:17 pm »
I play these in Singe, and they work just fine with my iPac sending the required keystrokes.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

weevil6772

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2016, 06:40:33 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:03:48 pm »
thanks for all the replies! I have them running via daphne singe, and I'm using aimtrak lightguns. I'll follow up on what you all mentioned and see what I can do. Thanks,

lisowskikevin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:49:55 pm
  • If you take shortcuts, you get cut short.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:14:08 pm »
Hey do your aimtrak crosshairs move super fast? I'm trying to figure out why mine are doing that. The mouse moves the crosshair smooth but my aimtrak makes it supper fast and rushes to the corners.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 10:15:12 am »
Know this is a old thread, but if you get to where the aimtraks jump all over but the mouse works, you have to have the -fullscreen_window parameter, also 800x600 dimension and -ignore_aspect_ratio is advised

Here's my bat-file for use in RocketLuncher - "PC Launcher"-module, game "Crime Patrol"

@daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -fullscreen_window -ignore_aspect_ratio -noserversend -framefile singe/crimepatrol/frame-crimepatrol-cdrom.txt -script singe/crimepatrol/cdrom-crimepatrol.singe

I personally don't like these games that much but always fun to have in your light Gun Games-wheel.  ;D

"One coin to rule em' all"

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2022, 05:33:52 am
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 03:54:27 am »
There is also a device you can buy that will emulate the laserdisc player, and you can purchase licensed rips of the original discs.

I cant recall the name of this at the moment, ill check my stuff soon and see if i can dig it out.

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2022, 05:33:52 am
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 04:05:48 am »

evh347

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 04:58:20 pm
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 01:19:19 pm »

Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/mediawiki/index.php/Input#dapinput.ini