Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: trim ?  (Read 2410 times)

john p

• Trade Count: (0)
trim ?
« on: June 14, 2002, 10:23:14 pm »
ive been building some dual joysticks (the hotrod type thing) and my last step before finishing the first one up is the rubber trim around the face edge. where can i get or what exactly is it that everyone uses ?? i was imagining something like the 'T' shaped stuff that is used on the long foldout tables.
that stuff is pretty thin, but ive seen some that is on the thick side. so i cant cut the lexan for the face until i know the trim i have.

thanks,
John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
Re: T-molding
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 03:25:54 am »
ive been building some dual joysticks (the hotrod type thing) and my last step before finishing the first one up is the rubber trim around the face edge. where can i get or what exactly is it that everyone uses ?? i was imagining something like the 'T' shaped stuff that is used on the long foldout tables.
that stuff is pretty thin, but ive seen some that is on the thick side. so i cant cut the lexan for the face until i know the trim i have.

thanks,
John

It's called "T-molding".  One place to get it is http://www.t-molding.com/, but it's also sold on Ebay and other places.  I could not find it at Home Depot, Lowes, or local Ace hardware stores.  
Robin
Knowledge is Power

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
Re: trim ?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 08:01:26 am »
Happ Control also carries it.... but up to what I remember, t-molding.com has more choices...

but if you're going to do it, you'll need either a router or a dremel tool to cut that "crack" to fit the t-molding in...

good luck...    ;D
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p