Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Namco Reunion Artwork needed!  (Read 3659 times)

momentarydogma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2022, 08:34:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Namco Reunion Artwork needed!
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:11:14 pm »
Hey, does anyone happen to have a quality scan of the control panel for Namco Reunion (aka "Class of 1981")? Marquee would be nice too, but I can create that myself I suppose-- the Control Panel art is the main thing I'm having trouble creating from scratch. If anyone has a line on where to get that, it would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:52:00 pm by momentarydogma »

momentarydogma

• Offline Offline
Re: Namco Reunion Artwork needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:51:12 pm »
So nobody has anything for the Reunion cab? Any kind of artwork would be appreciated... even just the modified Galaga logo for the marquee. Certainly SOMEONE must have something in the archives!

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 04:37:11 am »
HaRuMaN built a replica Namco reunion machine. Looking at the thread he got Malenko to do the art, so there would probably be a good place to start :)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149805.0

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 12:31:35 pm »
So nobody has anything for the Reunion cab? Any kind of artwork would be appreciated... even just the modified Galaga logo for the marquee. Certainly SOMEONE must have something in the archives!

In looking at it seems to pretty much just reuse the art from the 2 cabs - so if you can find vectors of the 2 control panels (Galaga and Ms pac) it should be pretty easy to recreate.

momentarydogma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 11:59:55 am »
HaRuMaN built a replica Namco reunion machine. Looking at the thread he got Malenko to do the art, so there would probably be a good place to start :)

Yeah, I saw that before, but the artwork is not really the same as the actual Namco Reunion cabinet... marquee is completely different and the control panel isn't the same either. It looks great, just not what I'm looking for!

momentarydogma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 12:09:01 pm »
In looking at it seems to pretty much just reuse the art from the 2 cabs - so if you can find vectors of the 2 control panels (Galaga and Ms pac) it should be pretty easy to recreate.

Yeah, you would think that would be the case, and that was what I was trying to do initially as well. The elements for the Ms. Pac-Man side are basically taken directly from the original artwork, but Galaga isn't really the same at all once you look at it closely. Those tentacle looking things on the right side of the CP were entirely re-done for the Reunion cabinet, and the Galaga logo on the marquee is also a re-worked version that I can only find in low-res formats. You can see the difference in this image. I know I'm being nitpicky, I just want it to look like the real deal!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 02:26:59 pm »
I know I'm being nitpicky, I just want it to look like the real deal!

IF you really want real deal - Namco Parts carries replacements but not cheap ( $50 for marquee - $80 for control panel overlay ) - https://www.namcoparts.com/ECommerce/category/namco-parts/video-games/ms-pac-man-galaga-20-year-reunion
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:28:55 pm by JDFan »

momentarydogma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 06:27:56 pm »
Yeah, I wish I had room for a full-size cabinet for this, but alas, I do not... I'd happily pay for Namco replacements if this was a full-size build, but it's more of a bartop type of situation.