Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA Debug Track  (Read 1386 times)

scarfaceone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2019, 05:25:23 pm
  • Sega Power!
Daytona USA Debug Track
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »
Hello, on one of Sailor Sats topics, there was this really weird Debug Level. And I was wondering if anyone could try and get footage of the hidden debug level. This track http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133283.0;attach=306556;image That Nuexzz and SailorSat discovered, what is the meaning of the numbers and the pole? Is there a similar level in Sega Rally? I'm really curious about it. Is it like a free Gymkhana level? Also, was there a Debug Level from Manx TT that turned into the name entry screen. Sorry about my questions, I'm a bit curious though.
The only victim in graffiti is the architect

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Daytona USA Debug Track
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »
like most debug stuff in games it mainly meant for testing game physics and game behavior.

it appears the numbers around that pole are for perhaps testing vehicles turn radius. (mainly to make sure the computer is keeping track of car position properly and isn't drifting off course. (driving around in a tight circle)

it could also be to test/adjust brake distances at various speeds. (IE brake at the pole and see where you stop.) if it stops too soon, it could make the game too easy, if it takes forever to brake it can make the game unplayable

The track can (could have been) be modified by programmers to do really anything they want by just plopping a couple models here or there. this just happens to be the last thing they tested.

scarfaceone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2019, 05:25:23 pm
  • Sega Power!
Re: Daytona USA Debug Track
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »
like most debug stuff in games it mainly meant for testing game physics and game behavior.

it appears the numbers around that pole are for perhaps testing vehicles turn radius. (mainly to make sure the computer is keeping track of car position properly and isn't drifting off course. (driving around in a tight circle)

it could also be to test/adjust brake distances at various speeds. (IE brake at the pole and see where you stop.) if it stops too soon, it could make the game too easy, if it takes forever to brake it can make the game unplayable

The track can (could have been) be modified by programmers to do really anything they want by just plopping a couple models here or there. this just happens to be the last thing they tested.

Yes but can I have footage of it please? And also, how big was the circuit? I Would like footage of the circuit and I Really want to know if other games have it as well please.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:58:44 am by scarfaceone »
The only victim in graffiti is the architect