Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Stainless armored cord for payphones...AND LIGHTGUNS  (Read 1067 times)

arcadepcnut

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2019, 12:03:07 pm
  • Warhammer 40K, you should try it.
    • BREAKTIME
Stainless armored cord for payphones...AND LIGHTGUNS
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:53:35 am »
is anyone interested in 5' long pieces of stainless "armored cord" for their lightgun setups to hold the fragile looking usb cords??
Reason i ask is i have been trying to track down stainless 1/4 armored cord for my two lightguns for a while. found a supplier that will sell me 50 feet as a minimum. Shipping is rediculous.

So... if i bought it and used 10' feet i would need to find out if i could sell the other 8 pieces to 8 other people. stuff is not cheap.

Or better yet if you know a supplier that will sell me two 5' pieces i will go that route.

i know you can use rubber hose and i found some other ideas i have been tossing in my head. i know this is overkill for a home project.... i just like the old school look of the shiny stainless metal cables. also i like the fact i can run more wires should i want to add buttons or feedback on the gun and there is room to run wires in the metal jacket.

hypermame55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2016, 10:34:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Stainless armored cord for payphones...AND LIGHTGUNS
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »
I agree 100% about the old school look of the metal casings. I've even asked electricians and machine shops where to get this stuff with no luck. The closest answer I got was this common metal flex cable used for wires in buildings but its a lot stiffer and looks different. I have metal light gun cables from my original cabinet but there is no way the USB cable and the power cable for my light guns are going to fit in it. There would be no wiggle room for them.

I'm on board if you do decide to purchase from that supplier.

zimphbah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2023, 11:57:04 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:06 pm »
Sign me up for a couple lengths.  Going to need it for my upcoming build.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47:03 pm »
Might get more responses if you gave some idea of what "Shipping is rediculous" and  "stuff is not cheap" is -- Kind of hard to determine interest without knowing at least a ballpark figure on cost.  :cheers:

IF 4.5 foot armored phone cord would work they have them at Payphone.com for $12.20 http://www.payphone.com/Armored-Handset-Cord.html a piece including the 4 24 gauge wires

The Armored Handset Cord Assembly includes steel lanyard and four 24-gauge teflon wires with spade conductors.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:20:33 am by JDFan »

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:54:05 am »
Whats a pay phone?

arcadepcnut

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2019, 12:03:07 pm
  • Warhammer 40K, you should try it.
    • BREAKTIME
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:47:34 am »
Might get more responses if you gave some idea of what "Shipping is rediculous" and  "stuff is not cheap" is -- Kind of hard to determine interest without knowing at least a ballpark figure on cost.  :cheers:

IF 4.5 foot armored phone cord would work they have them at Payphone.com for $12.20 http://www.payphone.com/Armored-Handset-Cord.html a piece including the 4 24 gauge wires

The Armored Handset Cord Assembly includes steel lanyard and four 24-gauge teflon wires with spade conductors.
I found that before. I was trying gauge interest. But approx. 15$ shipped for 5'.  I guess you didn't check shipping, its $25.00 total approx for that 4' piece you listed over 5$ a foot. However, Still a lot cheaper than me buying 50feet needing 10 and hoping to sell the rest. thanks!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:05:14 am by arcadepcnut »

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:34:48 am »
Yeah didn't want to put info in so didn't see what the shipping was -- it is a bit high but seems it is the same $13.07 for one or 4 - so depending on how many you need it might not be too bad - figure if ordering 2 for me it comes up to $40.56 with shipping and 8.25% tax - So a bit more than the 50' you are getting without the hassle of reselling/reshipping the extra 8 pieces  :dunno