Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CPWizard Configuration  (Read 3589 times)

Cboez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2015, 08:36:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CPWizard Configuration
« on: August 13, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your great info on these forums.  Thanks to you, I am close to completing my arcade machine.  The one feature I'm missing is CPWizard.  The software looks like just what I want, but can't get it to work.

I followed the start up guide from the headcaze website, but when I hit preview, no games show up.  I have a mame.ini in my root folder, but still nothing.

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated,

Thanks so much!

jjensen6823

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2015, 06:28:17 pm
Re: CPWizard Configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:00:43 am »
I sure hope someone can help you with this, because I'm having exactly the same problem.  CPWizard seems to install correctly, and I can run it and use it, I can even build a console in it, but there are never any games in the preview window when I check.  If you hear anything about how to fix this, please let me know.

Jim

jjensen6823

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2015, 06:28:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:18:28 am »
Okay, after further testing, CPWizard works fine with my MAME 32-bit install, and it works fine with my MAME64 version 0.156 install, but it does not work with my MAME64 0.164 install.  Since I don't think it could have anything to do with the executable itself, all I can conclude is that there were changes made to some of the cfg, ini and/or xml files between 0.156 and 0.164 that CPWizard doesn't like.

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »
It is likely related to this, also affecting MaLa:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145865.msg1517120.html#msg1517120

There's some syntax changes in the mame.xml. Maybe doing the steps described there could help.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:31:22 am »
I have very limited time these days but I've updated CPWizard to support the new Mame xml format.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:28:45 am »
I have very limited time these days but I've updated CPWizard to support the new Mame xml format.
I'm sorry to resurrect this but I'm having the same problem.  I downloaded version 2.67 of CPWizard and the Preview list shows up empty.  I even renamed all occurrences of "machine name" with "game name" and "/machine" with "/game" in the [LIST_MAME_MINI] and [LIST_MAME] files but the Preview list within CPWizard still comes out empty.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Updated situation, see two posts below...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:45:43 pm by TheManuel »
"The Manuel"

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 07:50:24 pm »
To add to the issue, it seems like CPWizard 2.67 is not able to display my data when a game is running either.  It does open with my "show" key but displays one of my layouts at random with no game-specific labels and no artwork or data (history, etc.).
I don't know if perhaps CP Wizard is having issues with the xml format in the latest MAME, although the information in the LIST_MAME_MINI file seems coherent.

Below is a sample for puckman.  Any help will be appreciated.

Updated situation, see post below...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:46:41 pm by TheManuel »
"The Manuel"

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 09:45:08 pm »
I have kept working on this and after much aimless wandering, I enabled dynamic data loading, which I prefer not to use but just to test, and then it started working.  In fact, after disabling it, both the preview and calling CPW from in-game started to work, so I'm in good shape on that front.

The other two problems I've found so far are:
- Big one: CPWizard is not pausing MAME when invoked even though I'm using the recommended "Send Pause" checked and "Message System".  Under "MAME Options" I do have "MAME Output System" and "Use Show Key".
- Lesser: When calling CPWizard with the show key while using bgfx or gdi, the transition is immediate and smooth (even though pause is not working) but with d3d the transition takes much longer.  I imagine CPW can't do anything about this but just pointing it out.

Please help  ???
"The Manuel"