Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Audio problems (Windows 10 bug?)  (Read 1590 times)

Spanjed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2015, 04:25:51 am
Audio problems (Windows 10 bug?)
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:46:08 am »
Hi,

First of all a big thank you for creating the Mala frontend. Using this for a few years now  ;)

I recently upgraded all my systems to Windows 10 and ,ofcourse, i just discovered something strange when i start Mala:

When i start Mala the gamelist will show up and a video of that game will play in the layout. When i start the game while that video is playing i have nog sound in
my game anymore. I need to exit the game and scroll up or down in the gamelist to regain sound again.
If i select a game quickly so the video doesnt have time to showup i do have game sound.

Never had this problem on previous Windows versions but to be honest i'm not sure if it's Windows related or another bug  :-[

I hope someone has a solution.

Regards,
Edwin

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: Audio problems (Windows 10 bug?)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:59:17 am »
I have not tried on windows 10 but I suspect that is not the cause. There is a big with the latest version of Mala

Spanjed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2015, 04:25:51 am
Re: Audio problems (Windows 10 bug?)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:26 am »
I have not tried on windows 10 but I suspect that is not the cause. There is a big with the latest version of Mala

Hi Loadman,

Thanks for your quick answer!

I tried 1.7.4.5 (beta) and the new 1.8.2.0 (beta)
Is there any version you recommend? (like the official 1.74) or is it better to keep the latest (due to other bug solves)

It's a not a real dealbreaker but the videos are a super nice addition to every game.

Thanks again for your help and all the work you have done for Mala