Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution  (Read 1499 times)

Andy_Bogard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2016, 05:32:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:04:10 am »
Hi,

I found this might be intersting, there is a former midway member building up a movie project ( I don't think It has been posted before) so here it is:

Terminator 2, NARC, Revolution-X, Smash TV and NBA Jam arcade games as well as Mortal Kombat and Cruis'n series marked the '90s. They are all the work of defunct American developer Midway. Originally a manufacturer of pinball machines in 1958, Midway begins making arcade video games in the '70s and produced them until 2001, time of the closing of the arcade division. The same year, a successor was born in the form of Raw Thrills, a company created by former Midway employees. But that's another story...

Joshua Tsui worked at Midway from 1993 to 1999, working on titles like WWF WrestleMania, NHL 2-on-2 Open Ice Challenge and Mortal Kombat 4. He now proposes to tell the history of Midway in the '90s, a company where game creators worked freely without supervision and every game they released was a hit! Momentarily entitled "Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution", this documentary to be released in Blu-ray will offer a behind-the-scene look on the development of the flagship games through interviews and unseen footage. It will also unveil the many unreleased titles with exclusive pictures. That looks very interesting!

Joshua chose the Kickstarter crowdfunding platform to make his project a reality. A $15 pledge will be enough to download the documentary in digital format while the special edition on Blu-Ray will cost $50 (plus $15 for shipping it to Belgium). The $75.000 goal must be met before August 17 to fund the production of this documentary that will be released in July 2017. You can find more details on the project page.

Project page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joshuatsui/insert-coin-inside-midways-90s-revolution