Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch issues with loading...help please  (Read 3258 times)

Tampamike1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2015, 06:15:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch issues with loading...help please
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:16:04 pm »
I first got error code 271 which was to check date and time settings.
I researched and determined it could be a bad backup battery. I replaced , but now I get the two following error codes:
251 system cams checksum bad
280 Previous boot incomplete

Then just sits idle and never goes past that screen.

I am a novice to these games and computers in general. I purchased this used for family entertainment. It worked perfectly for the past 6 months and now this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you very much!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Megatouch issues with loading...help please
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40:16 pm »
i'm not sure what board you are talking about specifically...

generally if the battery dies or gets low, the data stored in the BIOS gets corrupted. (this includes such things as harddrive parameters and memory/cpu configurations) during boot the computer does a check of the data contained in BIOS, if it doesnt "Add up" during the checksum test, it throws the checksum error. this is so the computer knows the settings data it's loading is good or not. (potentially destroying something in the process if the data was bad.)

usually all that is required is to change the battery, go into the BIOS settings, (press delete or f2 or f12 or something during boot) and set the date and time and boot options etc.

this should get rid of the message and boot up after that. (the computer is holding off booting to prevent possible data corruption)