Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: xxx-in -1 ...... are they any good  (Read 2102 times)

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
xxx-in -1 ...... are they any good
« on: July 23, 2015, 06:00:33 am »
I have a working 4p Vendetta cab I was going to sell but wondered how much trouble it would be to install one of these 500-in-1 or 619-in-1 game elf boards in my 4p jamma+ cab?

I would probably need to change controls to 2p and 6 buttons but what else would need to be done to make this work? And are they reliable?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: xxx-in -1 ...... are they any good
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:24:06 am »
they are just Pentium 4  PCs running Windows 2000 connected to a JAMMA board, well the 2XXX in 1s are. If youre going to bother Xin1ing the cab, go big.  Swapping it over to a SF layout would get the most out of the board.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:18:36 am »
they are just Pentium 4  PCs running Windows 2000 connected to a JAMMA board, well the 2XXX in 1s are. If youre going to bother Xin1ing the cab, go big.  Swapping it over to a SF layout would get the most out of the board.

Yeah, Im thinking about doing this. Would probably be something I could do now while I slowly get my 32" slimcab completed.

Are game elfs the best way to go or is there a different manufacturer who makes better boards?

So would just removing the top 4pl CP and replacing with a 2player 6 button  be the best route?

Sorry for all the questions.... I just stumbled across these multi boards, didnt even know they existed lol.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:22:10 am »
I dont like boards like the ELF boards, they break the JAMMA standard. Board rules dictate I cant tell you where to find a board but you can use google. I used the games family 2014(?) in 1 board in a project for a friend.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.