Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How do I get power to an Eygo monitor ?  (Read 3105 times)

Derek

• Trade Count: (0)
How do I get power to an Eygo monitor ?
« on: July 12, 2002, 10:13:33 am »
Hello everyone.  I just purchased a 27" Eygo monitor that was on eBay.  I've seen several posts here related to the seller that were not good, but I was treated right and didn't have any problem. Anyway, The ad said that there was no power cord.  I figured I could wire it up myself.  Has anyone wired up power to one of these monitors? I see the power plug on the PCBoard. It looks to be marked as J001, a three prong plug with N being at the top, L being at the bottom and one prong in the middle that is not marked.  To save myself from getting shocked, can someone post some idiot-proof instructions that will help me to get this monitor going? I've got a local R.S. near me, so I don't mind having to go there and pick up parts if need be. I'm trying to build an arcade cab and would love to get this going by the weekend.

Thanks,

Derek
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Derek

Re: How do I get power to an Eygo monitor ?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2002, 10:17:36 am »
Oops...let me clarify something.  The SELLER was the coolest guy I've ever dealt with on eBay.  The posts that I've read here were about the person that actually keeps the monitors at their warehouse. I didn't have any problems with the seller.

Derek

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2002, 11:53:27 am »
both of you did not have problem because thats not the acutal seller...its scott who was leading the monitors on ebay...the acutal seller is JIMRAINBOW who never replies or pickup phone...i got 2 broken then gave up and went with a 19" eygo..i am happy that i have been using over 2 month and it still works...and both 27" eygo broke in like the first day...who knows...i am just not lucky enough.anyways..i got my power cord from my local arcade vendor..so my guess happ controls.they might have em...it does not have to be a spefic to eygo..i tried the cord from my 19"..same one worked for all the monitors.good luck to you lucky ---daisies--- who owns these huge monitors and it works..MAN!!!...i loved the monitor..it look ultimate for mame...GRRRR...i dont deserve to have it..i can order another one but i bet it will break again >:(

Derek1

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2002, 03:22:54 pm »
I "could" probably buy the cord, or have one made, but can't I just cut the end off a regular rectangular shaped computer/monitor power cord, find some end to go on it from R.S., and plug it in to the three prong terminal?  It seems like it could be that easy.  I just don't want to put the wrong wire on the wrong terminal and shock myself, blow up the monitor, burn the house down, etc.  Anyone out there have these monitors?  What did you do to get juice to it?I really want to get this going this weekend. Any help from any monitor guru, or someone that has this monitor would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Derek

Derek1

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2002, 09:48:48 pm »
Monitor Update:

After looking through lots of websites on the Internet I figured out that I could take a normal computer power cord, cut the end off and use it for my monitor. I plugged it in and it came on without a hitch. I played around with it for awhile, adjusting the horizontal and vertical orientation of the monitor,then unplugged it to eat dinner. After dinner, I plugged it in, saw the tube light up for a few seconds then go off. I then started hearing a small faint popping sound. It's like it's trying to power up but doesn't quite make it. Time now to take it to the monitor gurus in town that really know what they're doing, unless there's a quick fix.  I will say that the monitor looked great except for some bluriness in all the corners. I'm sure it was something that could have been adjustable. Any comments from the gurus here on what I should do now? Thanks.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2002, 01:07:39 pm »
see if you can find any local arcade ware house around you...thats how i found my cord but i am not lucky enough to use 27" vga..damn it.....they are super monitor gurus...so they might be able to help..and dont try that wire cutting stuff..its very easy to mess it up.WHY DONT YOU CALL HAPP CONTROLS.they will be able to help.or see your local tv repair shop.good luck