Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xenia- Xbox 360 emulator (Extremely WIP)  (Read 4919 times)

SegaOutrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
Xenia- Xbox 360 emulator (Extremely WIP)
« on: July 19, 2015, 02:45:32 am »
Thought you guys may get a kick out of this. I was able to play for a full 3 seconds in-game of Outrun Arcade Live on the Xbox 360 emulator, Xenia before it freezes. A few days ago, it wouldnt even go in-game or show anything on screen, just the music in the background. The progress being made on this emu is amazing but, still a very very very very long ways from major games being playable. Ive tried the most racing games and this one was best out of all of them. Daytona and hydro thunder doesnt load and Crazy taxi, you can actually go in-game and hear the game playing smoothly but, there is nothing on screen.

since your bound to ask, there is no exe, you can build it yourself https://github.com/benvanik/xenia or try to find a precompiled one on the internet. You will need a kickass cpu and good video card (nvidia preferred with opengl 4.5) as well but, even then only a less than a handful of xbox live games sort of play. ive got an i5-4670k and basically i can only play puzzle bobble at like 70%-80%. Full games (aka AAA) games will go in-menu if your lucky (most wont even boot) and that's it. Compatibility is non-existent.  Dont bother asking if "Will "X" game play?", the answer is no, for now atleast.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Xenia- Xbox 360 emulator (Extremely WIP)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 03:14:57 am »
Pretty cool. Does it support the original xbox emulator at all? The one that 360 has

It will be cool to see where this goes over the next couple of years

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:05:03 am »
Cool pics, I always love seeing the first signs of fruition starting to emerge with new emulators. it'll be interesting to see if this ties in with or somehow advances any potential Chihiro emulation on PC.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »
I'm still waiting for a regular xbox emulator.  In theory it shouldn't have been too hard... it runs on a modified windows 2000 kernel if I remember correctly. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »
original xbox emulator has been making progress as well. Although xbox was just a pc, it was using hardware that never release to the public so a lot of it was undocumented. its fun read to see why its so hard to get the xbox going. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48088464&postcount=26 Eitherway, it finally started booting some games last week. and no xenia, does not boot og xbox games and the developer said has no interest atm.

XQEMU

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:35:44 pm »
Yeah I get that, but the ps2 is emulated well.... it's just a matter of nobody wanting to work on it.  Remember, the xbox is 14 years old at this point.  We've got Wii emulators and now a rudimentary 360 emulator. 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 10:35:44 am »
Wow, surprised to see Blueshogun is still at it.  I'm glad someone is.
I still like the original idea of having a program that could convert xbox game code to something a pc can run rather than emulating.
You'd end up with a bunch of per game hacks, but the system requirements would be lower.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »
Well IF it was done right (and that's a big if) I don't think it would be per-game hacks.  Like I mentioned, the xbox runs on a windows 2000 kernel, heavily modified of course.  It also has it's own form of directx/directsound.  So what it needs are intercepting dlls that take the place of the modified ones and have every single solitary call within the dlls translated into a proper directx call.  Likewise there are some custom apis, but apis just call dlls as well. 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:45 am »
i got my new videocard in. Sadly outrun still freezes in game but Crazy taxi has made some improvements

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »
I tried out the latest version, It's impressive for sure but nothing really runs that well yet still. However I did try Outrun Online Arcade and could get ingame etc with no freezing as you stated but graphics were a mess etc haha

Will be interesting to see the progress that it makes over the next 12 months along with the Wii U emulator

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »
I tried out the latest version, It's impressive for sure but nothing really runs that well yet still. However I did try Outrun Online Arcade and could get ingame etc with no freezing as you stated but graphics were a mess etc haha

Will be interesting to see the progress that it makes over the next 12 months along with the Wii U emulator

I haven't tried this Xbox 360 emulator, but I've managed to get Cemu (the Wii U one) to get past the title screens on Mario Kart 8 and get to the track side countdown. I can't actually see anything on the track however and the whole thing (going through the title screens included) runs at about 5 fps, but hey, still pretty cool to even be able to get that far.