Jenns guides to resizing, uploading and posting pics.
Cos I got nuffink to do at work. To resize image to well under 2MB
1. Open image in Paint (this works in Vista and upwards)
2. Click on Resize button and resize using percentage until the image can be fully seen at 100% sizing on your desktop, that means no scrolling around to see the full image ya?
3. Save re-sized image.To post image using preferred BYOAC approach:
1. Create a reply in the ‘NOT A PROJECT - Thread for Posting Images to Link in our project threads’ thread.
2. Click on Attachments and other options.
3. Click on Attach\ Choose File and browse to the image file on your pc
Example: Kip.jpg (only 428KB or less 0.5 of a Megabyte).
4. Post your reply in the NOT A PROJECT thread.
5. Right click on the image and choose ‘copy image URL’
6. Create a reply in ‘Jennifers upload test #1’ thread.
7. Type some guff.
8. Click ‘Insert Image button’ from the row of buttons above your post
9. Paste the URL you copied in between link brackets.
10. Press preview to make sure your post and linked image all look sweet.
11. Press Post and voila! A correctly sized image:
12. Enjoy the pic of my dog Kip as a Bubby. He’s still a Bubby now, only just a much larger Bubby.
Now you have no excuse.
P.S. I don't use this approach as I prefer to maintain my images in either Dropbox or other imaging hosting site as per PBJs mention. But the linking method is just the same.