Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MortalKab 4 player DIY slim arcade cabinet/ Finished / Update?  (Read 81557 times)

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
Re: First build/ 32" lcd slimcab 4 player..... lots of questions
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »
The first pic represents the sum of man hours Ive got in this sofar  :cheers: Plenty more to come Im sure.

The pics show how I angled my CP its kind of hard to explain without pics.
The frame fits around the base. I found the height I needed in the back of the CP and pinned the base there with a couple screws.
The front then is allowed to pivot, found my depth I wanted (ended up being an inch shorter than the back and pinned it there after adding glue to the sides while the base was pivoted up.

Then I went around the perimeter lining everything up and getting rid of the bow in the base... glued and screwed.  ;D
You can see in one of the pics how all my excess framing was left on the underside of the CP. I marked it all around where it needed cutoff using my combo square as a depth gauge.

Zipped of the excess with the skillsaw, then used my grinder/ resin sanding pad to smooth/flush the bit that was left.
An angle grinder with these resin sanding pads are awesome for removing large amounts of material quickly.... yet you can use it to shape, sand,and smooth a lot of detail with a light hand.

Used wood filler and its drying now. Test fit it and realized I needed to angle the small control panel back shoulder area on the cabs sides since the back of the CP was not 90° angle.... the grinder took care of that too, and just in time as the motor is almost burnt out.

Tomorrow I will finish sand the CP and need to get a piano hinge....are these available at places like menards,lowes,etc?

going to grab some aluminum angle for the marquee area and work on that.
Im scared to dive into the speaker panel area until I got my screen in so I know how deep it needs to go etc.... but im going to have to wait till the next paycheck to get the 32" tv.

Im worried about the sticks,buttons,trackball fitting under the hood now. The CP only has like  1 1/2" under the the panel in the front... 2 1/2" in the rear. I might have to do some serious routing out on both pieces....might even have to cut some windows out of the CP base  :(

EDIT......................................................................
..... I think I will be going with the u-track pearl trackball. Seems the base under the CP is 2" so I will probably need to remove a small area of material underneath for the edge closest to the front of the CP.
Ultimarks site states.... "Optional Full-Speed USB interface, or connect directly to our Mini-PAC or Opti-PAC interfaces"....
Whats any differences or pros or cons going with the usb interface vs something like the opti-pac?
Should I have dedicated buttons for the trackball? Should I be setting up the trackball as a mouse?

I planned on getting modded led sanwa jlf sticks and sanwa led buttons from paradise due to reading they were great for fighting games which I will be playing alot of, but looks like I might have to cheap out and get paradises $2 LED buttons and there noname LED sticks that are $25. I grew up with happ sticks and buttons but never liked how stiff they were and the long stiff throw on the happ buttons.

Wanting cheap, good,sensitive controls (are these 3 possible) also LED illuminated..... Is there any other alternatives I should consider?
The zippy sticks seem to be decent as they are based off the Seimitsu LS-32 sticks and the price is right but then I wouldnt have LED's...just wondered how those paradise noname led sticks compared.

Ive never bought or used any controls other than the classic old happ stuff so any suggesstions here are appreciated.

So..... getting the u-track with usb or opti-pac (dont know the difference)
An  I-PAC 4
still need to decide on sticks and buttons
Im assuming i need a crapton of wire in the 20/22 gage size, disconnects,shrinkwrap........ anything else I am forgetting for the CP besides the start/coin/admin buttons?

I would like to get my TV this week and the controls but maybe only able to choose one or the other.  :badmood:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:37:23 am by deezdrama »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »
No input on controls?  ???

c,mon guys im clueless besides limited conflicting comments ive found online   :dizzy:

Well... Heres my second attempt at my CP art. I toned it down ...lol... and am going with a MK vs SF theme.... I know, I wont win any awards for originality on my theme but those are 2 of the games I remember waiting in line to play for hours as a youngin just to step up with the older kids and get whooped in 10 seconds, then back to the end of the line again...lol.

Any input on things to remove,add,change, etc wont be taken harshly and are appreciated.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »
Hmmm. Controls are very subjective these days. I almost feel like some people are afraid to give their 2 cents because they want to avoid having to start a debate that takes off to a bad place. (Worst case).

What worked for me was JSticks and a trackball from Ultimarc, and IL buttons and LED's from ParadiseArcade.

I'd say go with a couple Ultimate I/O from Ultimarc. To control your lighting and button input. grab four simple and cost effective J-sticks from them too. Maybe even to keep things simple buy their button LEDs as well. And maybe buttons too, or look at modifying IL Buttons from Paradise, or CLASSX buttons from Groovy Game Gear. I'm a big fan of those CLASSX leaf switch buttons.

Really though, the best advise I can give you is: DONT OVER THINK IT.   A pair of Ultimarc UltimateI/O boards is a good place to start.  Asking everyone why you should go J-Stick vs. True leaf vs. Sanwa vs whatever will give you a spinning headache.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2015, 11:44:49 pm »

Hmmm. Controls are very subjective these days.

These days? Try "the history of this site".

But I agree with you. Don't over think it. You seem to be a fighter fan - get fighter sticks.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2015, 12:36:33 am »
Any input on things to remove,add,change, etc wont be taken harshly and are appreciated.

My opinion...since you asked:

- Lose the 0s and 1s vortex. It simply doesn't fit wtih MK or SF
- Definitely lose the "Hyperspin", "Classics" and "Mame" logos. Nobody needs to be reminded what software you are running
- Maybe its just me but I don't get the "Street Fighter" vs "Mortal Kombat". These games have never crossed over.

It's certainly better than your first artwork attempt but remember you have to stare at it every day. Make sure you really like it.

Of course, I'm no artwork guy so have you thought about using one of the skilled artwork guys on this forum?
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:43 am »
I dont have alot of disposible income to hire a graphics artist, i took cg years ago but havent used ps in a decade just playing around with ideas. Some people pride themselves in doing the work themselves even if its shite.

Like I said.... those are the two games I remembered standing in line for so dont just want a run of the mill stock art'ed cab.
The problem is the  next to none' amount of  images free to use that i can find over 20mb that wont look like pixelated crap when scaled to these sizes. That matrix background,or stars or, lightning are basically all i can find, same with kitana and chun li.

Everyone on the forums knows what mame and hyperspin are but what about people who come overand see it. Might give them motivation to search up on them. I was tired when I did the mk vs sf logo, I dont like it and will change it, probably change a few things but I wont post them here.... anything breaking away from traditional is frowned here it seems. Or my layout is just really that bad.... doesnt matter
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:03:35 am by deezdrama »

Typefighter01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 09:10:21 pm
  • Back I guess...
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2015, 12:03:08 pm »
I actually think you did a fairly nice job on the CP art, the "matrix" style background integrates well with the trackball placement. If your two favorites were SF and MC, then I say go ahead, it's you that needs to like it. There are loads of cabs on here that share video game characters and non-arcade related themes and they work well (admittedly, however, most don't  >:D). As for the 3 small logos...mehhh, maybe find a home for them on the side art and keep the CP clean.

You seem to be making good progress, keep at it and don't get discouraged by some constructive criticism, some other builders on here have gotten harsher criticisms than yourself and made it out in one piece.

Good luck either way :cheers:

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2015, 12:47:14 pm »
I actually think you did a fairly nice job on the CP art, the "matrix" style background integrates well with the trackball placement. If your two favorites were SF and MC, then I say go ahead, it's you that needs to like it. There are loads of cabs on here that share video game characters and non-arcade related themes and they work well (admittedly, however, most don't  >:D). As for the 3 small logos...mehhh, maybe find a home for them on the side art and keep the CP clean.

You seem to be making good progress, keep at it and don't get discouraged by some constructive criticism, some other builders on here have gotten harsher criticisms than yourself and made it out in one piece.

Good luck either way :cheers:

Appreciate it...

I would just like to find some more/better large format images to use.
I literally only found one or two for each character that was big enough to use.
Im using google images and selecting image size as a filter... still not much luck.
Deviant art has some good stuff but nothing large enough. Anyone know of any other sources?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:49:27 pm by deezdrama »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2015, 01:11:59 pm »
I dont have alot of disposible income to hire a graphics artist, i took cg years ago but havent used ps in a decade just playing around with ideas. Some people pride themselves in doing the work themselves even if its shite.

This irks me.   Don't ask for opinions then dismiss them. VW was articulate in his reply and didn't cross any line of being insulting. Either don't ask for advice or be grateful someone took the time to politely give you theirs.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2015, 03:56:42 pm »

This irks me.   Don't ask for opinions then dismiss them. VW was articulate in his reply and didn't cross any line of being insulting. Either don't ask for advice or be grateful someone took the time to politely give you theirs.

His post was fine, criticism was fine...I asked for it.
What "irked"(how old are we?)me was saying give up and hire an artist (in more or less words before you start quoting)

Nephasth

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »
anything breaking away from traditional is frowned here it seems.

Disagree. Take a look at Ond's work. It is FAR from traditional, yet is the most exalted work on the forum. Some people are too close to their work, with little to no experience, to realize their mistakes. Even when multiple members point them out. I do find the "I'll show 'em" attitude entertaining though, it's not my money wasted.

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:28 pm »
give up and hire an artist

My apologies deezdrama. It's hard to convey tone in a forum. Please understand that I didn't mean to have to you just throw in the towel and give up on the art. Rather, I just wanted you to know that there are very skilled artist on this forum that you can utilize. Just in case you didn't know. I didn't know when I first started. Just like their are skilled CRT guys, wiring guys, soldering/circuit guys, woodworking guys, etc.  It's actually kinda the point of the whole forum really. Some guys are good at everything and can do it all. Some guys are really, really exceptional in some areas and like to help out others. It's the spirit of this community. There is no shame in outsourcing some of your work.

I'm also absolutely terrible with creating original art so I would surrender myself to the experts on my build.

All this being said, it doesn't mean you still have to use a professional. You can certainly do the artwork yourself and many people have. For example, the 2 recent threads that come to mind are:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145188.0.html

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145989.0.html

In each of these threads you will see the OP getting some good old fashioned criticism. They can take it or leave it. But the OPs took it in stride and had many revisions in their artwork. Their builds evolved and in the end their artwork was better for it. They kept refining it and making it better and yet their original vision still held up.

Stick with it, I think you are on the right track it just may take some time and several rips at it.  :cheers:

I think most guys here will agree that when the build is over and their thread posting is done that the "Journey is the reward"
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2015, 06:14:16 pm »
anything breaking away from traditional is frowned here it seems. Or my layout is just really that bad.... doesnt matter

Anything LAZY is generally frowned upon. Breaking away from traditional isn't if it's inspired.

I thought your first layout was really that bad. This second one is better.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2015, 07:05:27 pm »
Maybee third time will be the charm. I just cant find crap for images big enough to use so very limited.
I dont know where everyone gets there giant sized images

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »
Most of the images you see folks using are actually vector images.  Vector images scale.  What you are using is raster images - those don't scale.  Vector images are created with programs like Inkscape (free) or Illustrator (not free).  If you don't mind learning a new program, you can import a raster image into one of these programs and trace them out into a vector format, then you can scale them to any size you want without loss of quality.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2015, 07:16:07 pm »
I have both programs just downloaded inkscape the other day. I dont remember how to use illustrator ... if I could get a layout im happy with im going to read some tutorials and do some button overlays and linework if I have time to figure it out.

What about side art for more realistic type images and not line art.... do you just have to deal with the blown pixels?

I guess i need to start relearning illustrator
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:23:05 pm by deezdrama »

BGoulette

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 05:19:40 pm
    • lazerjoose.com
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2015, 12:54:34 pm »
You can do photorealistic work in Illustrator, too:

http://basangpanaginip.blogspot.com/2006/07/worlds-most-photorealistic-vector-art.html

I mean, someone could. Not me though! :)

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2015, 12:59:04 am »
Other members might smack me over the head for suggesting this but if you are desperate for artwork and only have raster images, you could give Vector Magic a try. It lets you upload a raster image and it automatically converts/traces it to vector. It's not perfect but it could get you started. It obviously works much better with images that lack excessive shading and already look flat and simple. Cartoonish if you will. I've never tried it with a photo realistic image but it could be fun to play with. At the very least you can test it with logos. Those typically turn out ok.

However, keep in mind that you should keep the theme of your cab consistent throughout. If you use CGI images on your control panel, then do the same for your sides. If you like photo realistic more, then just make sure you use it everywhere.

Remember, I'm no artwork guy just spitballin' here.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2015, 07:40:18 pm »
Other members might smack me over the head for suggesting this but if you are desperate for artwork and only have raster images, you could give Vector Magic a try. It lets you upload a raster image and it automatically converts/traces it to vector. It's not perfect but it could get you started. It obviously works much better with images that lack excessive shading and already look flat and simple. Cartoonish if you will. I've never tried it with a photo realistic image but it could be fun to play with. At the very least you can test it with logos. Those typically turn out ok.

However, keep in mind that you should keep the theme of your cab consistent throughout. If you use CGI images on your control panel, then do the same for your sides. If you like photo realistic more, then just make sure you use it everywhere.

Remember, I'm no artwork guy just spitballin' here.

Ill look into it, cant you vector trace with illustrator as well?

Sorry for the way I acted the other day. My CP overlay really did look crappy.
I realize that now and trying to get something decent and since this is my first cab - I should be listening to you guys more.
So.... Im not going to let criticism get to me  ;D

And I have a different CP overlay for you guys to throw tomatoes at...

I think it might work but will be hard for me to match comic style sideart but think I can pull something off half acceptable if I can play with vectorizing some images and making a similar designed background as whats in the CP.

Anyway Ive been playing around with button overlays but they just arent looking right to me.
Is the CP with button overlays or without overlays heading in the right direction?
Should I make the directional arrows for the sticks a solid color or leave the blue/yellow? Should I remove all the button overlays? Adjust transparency?

Slippyblade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »
Personally, I like translucent overlays.  Without anything it tends to look like the buttons are kind of floating in the image, with no grounding.

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2015, 08:09:42 pm »
Player 4 stick may obstruct Scorpion's face

I'd move the whole image a bit left.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:11:53 pm by harveybirdman »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2015, 08:13:31 pm »
I'm going to throw this out, just as advice. Take it or leave it however you want.

I've never been a fan of control panels that have characters on them, or scenes, or anything like that. When designing my first MAME control panel, I researched a lot of them, & I found that most classic machines have a control panel that made it look like it was an organic part of the machine. Lots of them had boxes on them, lines, shapes, and designs. Look at like Space Invaders, which was that show you which way to move the joystick, or a Defender, which makes it looks like you use it to control the actual ship. Hell, even look at something like a Mortal Kombat, what you seem to like, which doesn't have characters on it at all. The best control panels seem to bring your attention to the controls and how you use them. There's nothing else on there that serves as a distraction. The best place to put characters still seems to be the side art.

Just my thoughts. That's how I approach the control panel design process.

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »
Really love what you have going now. And +1 on the two suggestions above.  :applaud:

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »
Ya I had a lot of trouble scaling and placing because of their faces. I had it a little to the left and didnt like that it cut subzeros hand off bit will definately play with it some more.

So i should go with both top and player button group overlays?

This is just a draft phase.... i dont like how the player button group overlay looks so going to redo them but wanted to see what the consensus was on if I should have them or not at all.

Yotsuya... I know what your saying. I thought about just throwing a 4 player twist to a stock mk CPO but want to do something different. I did use the mk1 CP button windows for the top button overlay area on mine :P

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2015, 06:00:28 am »
Ordered wall mount. Need to pick a tv...

Anyone have experience with either one of these? I know sceptre is an offbrand but has almost 3000 reviews.... would probably be safer going with the Sharp though

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-32-class-31-1-2-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/5420105.p?id=1219128175325

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SCEPTRE-X325BV-FMDR-32-LED-Class-1080P-HDTV-with-Ultra-Slim-Metal-Brush-Bezel-MHL/25059349

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2015, 10:41:32 am »
The Sharp only has HDMI inputs on the side. As far as I can tell. If that matters to you.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2015, 04:56:45 pm »
The Sharp only has HDMI inputs on the side. As far as I can tell. If that matters to you.

I wonder if it would stick out too far for it to fit in the cab or do they have hdmi cables with a 90 degree bend ? My biggest concern is in the pics... I dont see the 4 threaded holes for wall mounting, but then in the reviews a couple people mentioned wall mounting them.

Also.... Im wondering what speakers I need to order, ive seen a certain logitech system used in allot of builds but cant find it now.... anyone know the model number? And is that the best route to go for decent sound on a budget?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:03:18 pm by deezdrama »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2015, 05:24:44 pm »
Just get a cheap $20/30 pair of logitechs, with or without a sub.  Anything that has an independent volume control knob that's not on one of the actual speakers itself might be helpful as well.

There are 90° adapters for HDMI cables. Monoprice.com should have them for a decent price.

Honestly, never in my life have I seen a flat panel TV larger then 27" that didn't have VESA mounting holes on the back. If you find a TV that does, just don't buy it, as it's probably just that crappy.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »
Also.... Im wondering what speakers I need to order, ive seen a certain logitech system used in allot of builds but cant find it now.... anyone know the model number? And is that the best route to go for decent sound on a budget?

Logitech s120 or S150 are decent cheap speakers (s120's use regular headphone plug and AC plug for power - s150's are USB plug for both power and connection) both can be found for less than $15 - $20 a pair on ebay etc. 

EXAMPLE : S120's for $7.95 shipped ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181043149309?lpid=82&chn=ps )
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:46:01 pm by JDFan »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2015, 05:46:09 pm »
Thanks guys!

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2015, 05:54:46 pm »
Also for the mounting the 4th pic in the Sharp shows them with screws inserted and sceptre has them also (though might be different size not 100x100)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:56:52 pm by JDFan »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:00 pm »
Also for the mounting the 4th pic in the Sharp shows them with screws inserted and sceptre has them also (though might be different size not 100x100)

That top pic is from the Sharp link I posted? I just checked again but dont see them. Might be because im using my phone. I will look again when I get home .... thanks for posting this.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »
That top pic is from the Sharp link I posted? I just checked again but dont see them. Might be because im using my phone. I will look again when I get home .... thanks for posting this.

Yep here is a bit more of the screen with the various pics shown it is the 4th one in --

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »
Ok.... your attatched pic showed the screws when I clicked on it. When I was just on the website it would not zoom and appeared to have no screws on the rear.  I hate how all sites are forced to mobile version. I should of  forced it to desktop version.

Anyway, I see it now .... will go pick one up tomorrow...thanks.

a1pharm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 09:22:48 pm
  • Planning and preparation prevents problems
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2015, 06:58:48 pm »
Just saw your build - it's very clean and well thought out.  Keep plugging along, you're doing great!

Cheers!
 :cheers:

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2015, 07:27:42 pm »
Just saw your build - it's very clean and well thought out.  Keep plugging along, you're doing great!

Cheers!
 :cheers:

Appreciate it, Really just stole Chances build and plans and when I didnt follow directions had to improvise things....lol.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »
Messing with side art and when I saved as psd ... it says it couldnt save because the file exceeded 2gb limit. Anyone know a way around this?

Slippyblade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »
Lower the DPI?  Not sure if that would affect the file size.  You could also split it into layers and save each layer into a separate file.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2015, 10:48:58 pm »
Lower the DPI?  Not sure if that would affect the file size.  You could also split it into layers and save each layer into a separate file.

I merged a few layers and got it under 2gb.....

Just curious now..... Who are my options to handle/print these out... and what type file do they need saved in?

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2015, 11:29:32 pm »
Just curious now..... Who are my options to handle/print these out...
I have had all my artwork printed by BYOAC member  Lucian045
His prints are absolutely fantastic in my opinion. High quality vinyl. Super nice guy and prices are right on. Good turn around time too.
and what type file do they need saved in?
I've always given him .jpg but if I recall he likes tif. He likes to deal with RGB so make sure you artwork is converted to RGB first and the colors still look right. Make sure they are 1:1 as well.