Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: control problem  (Read 2148 times)

quakebo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
control problem
« on: July 11, 2015, 03:55:39 pm »
I have this joystick buttons etc.  http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/xscAAOSwZjJU2pWI/$_57.JPG which both work fin in windows game controller settings.  but in maximus arcade settings view controls when I move joystick 2 it shows as joystick 1 and when I press some of the buttons they seem to be the same as some of player 1 buttons.

so when I play mame as 1 player everything is fine but when I try 2 player the button for player 2 coin insert exits mame back to maxiums arcade because maximus arcade sees that button the same as my button that is set to exit emulator back to maximus arcade.

and if I try mame without maximus arcade running everything is fine.  So how can I fix it.

I have tried this with other emulators and get the problem with them as well.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:26:06 am by quakebo »

quakebo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: control problem
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:25:05 am »
I found that if I set maximus arcade to need 2 buttons pressed at the same time to close emulator it works and fixed my problem.