Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Electrocade - Completed  (Read 34514 times)

Scotty_C

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 02:54:51 pm
  • The addiction is strong!!
Electrocade - Completed
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:56:45 pm »
Well thought I would toss a thread up here so that I can update occasionally. I have been working for several months already on this and really don't have a whole lot to show for it, LOL.
Started planning everything in March, then ordered a majority of the parts early April, and have been sitting here ever since it seems :P

Before I get into the details I have to give MAJOR props to ChanceKJ and his Flynn's Arcade Build. The moment I stumbled upon that build I knew that was the hot setup for me! After documentation like that I really have no questions in regards to build other than the software side of it!! From a quality and cost perspective you would be hard pressed to beat the choices ChanceKJ made in his build

Best places to get updates:
Instagram #bcsarcade
Google photo album

Shotouts and references:
ChanceKJ Flynn's Arcade Build
OND Lower Cabinet indirect side lighting design
dfwArcade Artwork Design
Lucian045 Artwork Printing
Arcadenut Any Coin V2 3D printed coin mech replacements 
Simply Austin Hyperspin and other misc YT tutorials
Ultimarc Lots of products and outstanding service!
Arzoo LEDBlinky!
Paradisearcadeshop IL Buttons and LEDs

It's complete:

Build sheet parts here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WTNNRB5TsE-CwYkAgoyqrqf2O_iE_W9I5tfybz4x6g/edit?usp=sharing

All put together in it's final form

Little walk through video
! Full walk through vid

Overall Goodies:

Cabinet build progress:
So far I only have the sides ready to go. I had a PVC template made at a local sign shop from ChanceKJ Arcade sides CAD file. Traced the template onto 3/4" MDF, rough cut em out with a jigsaw, then finished em off with a router. Man that was crazy simple! I hope the rest goes that smooth ;)

Frontend progress:
Hyperspin is my frontend of choice right now (only one I've tried to date). So far I'm about 60+ hours into configs, downloads, etc in getting it setup how I would like it (thank God for Simply Austin on youtube!). Just got my P1 controller mock completed and testing things out with LEDBlinky...so far LEDs are all correct but I'm missing something when it comes to setting up LEDBlinky..more reasearch :P

Anyway, that's all for now. Keep on building and inspiring!!

Scotty C

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:59:17 pm by Scotty_C »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
Re: Electrocade (Pretty much a Flynn Clone)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:11:06 am »
This build is gonna be so sweet! Thanks for the kind words, I'll be following (and prodding  :D) until completion.

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:41 am »
Well a short update...

Hyperspin is pretty much all setup for my P1 mockup. Good lord that took a long time. Reading all the skepticism with running two IPAC Ultimate I/Os I'm a little nervous. That'll be next to try out before I get to far on the CP build.

Artwork is coming along. Final Marquee design below and initial side art (still playing with ideas for side art)

Finally got an opportunity yesterday to play around on a CNC router table for the first time. It's really a plasma cutting table, but can do both router and plasma. Well after about 6hrs my co-worker and I were able to get 1 good CP top and bottom. What an experience that was. With as many mistakes as we made, we can now confidently do some CNC routing. There's something quite satisfying about doing your own CNC work, except when it comes to cleanup.

Going to try and get some of the things done this week
-Dismantle the coin door and strip the paint. Repaint with some hammered black (probably a 2-3wk project on that)
-Figure out the coin mechs and adjust to take tokens
-Start on power design
-Get ledger boards glued and screwed (I have a feeling this is going to be more difficult than I imagine)

Brian

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:02:08 pm by Scotty_C »

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:19:59 pm »
Well it's official Chance....

Flynn's is the new weecade....

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:25:33 pm »
Well it's official Chance....

Flynn's is the new weecade....

You shut your filthy whorish mouth.

;)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »
I can't wait to vote for "Best Widescreen Cabinet Inspired By ChanceKJ's Flynn's Arcade" in next year's UCAs.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
Re: Electrocade (Pretty much a Flynn's Clone)
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 03:05:12 pm »
Not a huge update this week, but still some progress none the less

Got the coin mechs all adjusted to accept tokens (or anything smaller). Coin door completely stripped of original paint (used Rust-oleum Aircraft remover, can't believe how well that stuff works!!). Swapped out all the joystick handles for the 10mm longer ones. Installing everything in my mock up CP to test out the setup on two IPAC Ulimate I/Os. Not pictured but I did drill out 2 different button configs for P1 and P2. Need to decide on which one I'm going to go with. Artwork is getting closer.

Longer shafts:

CP Mockup:

Coin Door:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:05:00 pm by Scotty_C »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:20:35 pm »
Small update. Been playing some games to test which button layout I like the best..So far Im really loving Chance's more exotic layout which I did for P1 so I think I'm going with that layout. I've also been playing around with using 2 I-PAC Ultimate I/Os (UIO's) with firmware 1.32 on the same PC. First and foremost a little info on things are layed out and wired up.

Player layout on CP:

3---1---2---4

I wired everything up using the full wiring harness which came with the UIO's which utilizes pins for P1 and P2.
UIO#1
P1 pins wired to P1 position
P2 pins wired to P3 position
Trackball hooked up to trackball inputs
UIO#2
P1 pins wired to P4 position
P2 pins wired to P2 position

My observations.
- Keyboard controls/emulator work perfecly!
Each controller just works awesome button/input mapping to 'keystrokes'. On UIO#1 I did remap P2 pin inputs to match what they would be on the IPAC4 for player 3, and same goes for UIO#2 P1 inputs to match IPAC4 P4 mappings. I also disabled shift functions on both UIOs. Note: I had to connect only one board at a time to the PC to ensure I was changing mapping on the correct board.

- LED control function does not work as anticipated.
In LED_Blinky(maybe other software as well..no other experience with others) it sees both UIOs as 1 LED controller regardless of how I add the controllers.  On the UIO's you are unable to set a specific device ID for each individual controller via software like you can with the PacLED64's. I went ahead and sent an email to Andy for verification and he confirmed the issue. He is on break this week and will be sending FW next week that will change the ID on one of the UIOs. Outstanding customer service to respond while he's on break. Highly recommend Ultimarc.

Looking forward to trying out the new firmware and posting up the results :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:05:32 pm by Scotty_C »

Nephasth

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 01:54:54 pm »
8 buttons... ::)

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »
Progress update:
Coin door is in the process of drying after a couple coats of hammered black...really not what I expected. I was expecting to have much a much more 'clumpy' texture but it's actually pretty even and mildly textured..I kinda like it

Artwork is complete. Big thank you to Josh White (dfwArcadeon HS forums) http://www.jwgfx.com/ Very easy to work with and very reasonable pricing.

Will be working on the CNC late this week or early next to do the final CP. Then it's time to hit the cabinet build.

Still waiting to hear from Andy on the UIO firmware. I'm sure he's swamped this week though, just getting back from break.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:06:18 pm by Scotty_C »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 01:46:33 pm »
Regarding using the 2 UIO's: I flashed the firmware received from Andy on one of the UIO's and then needed to update the LEDBlinky PacDrive32.dll (added the PacDrive64.dll in there for good measure). After those 2 steps I can now say I have a 100% fully functional setup for 2 UIO's!! :)

Some minor coin door progress
Coin door repainted after being stripped (two coats flat black with primer, 2 costs hammered black). New reject buttons received, and coin door surround bezels cleaned up a bit..man those were dirty..even had a layer of paint on em.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:08:23 pm by Scotty_C »

scoodidabop

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:21:52 am
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 06:06:27 pm »
Looking good bud!

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 12:39:20 am »
Looking good bud!
Thanx !! By the time I get one of these cabs built you'll have built 10 of em, hahaha. I have lots of questions on your LED button setup for KNIGHTMARE, but I'll try and figure it out first ;)

Well another month has gone by and hardly any work done. Here's a very minor update.

Coin door has cured for a month or so, hehe. Went ahead and put the new lock on. This week I'm going to try and get the mechs all reinstalled.

Got the final CP routed out with the buttons and recessed joystick holes for the clear tubing.

Went to Staples today and had some artwork printed to test alignment. Staples told me it was about a 4hr lead time so I let em stage the files and left for another store. Well not even 10mins later they called and said they were ready. went back to pick em up and they said no charge (would have been around $8 was the initial quote)! Awesome! Got it all taped/trimmed to the CP (didn't bother to cut out all holes...kinda got tired of doing it.) Looks like I'm going to need a little tweak on the right starburst thingy so that it's right at the joystick hole. Left one turned out pretty good IMO

Well that's it for now. Back to lurking the forums for info ;)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:09:45 pm by Scotty_C »

stavros693000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2022, 05:33:15 pm
  • I built my own arcade machine
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 02:32:06 am »
coming along nicely bro ;)
question....were did you purchase those ball top joysticks? are they jlf's? and where did you get the longer shafts?
thanks in advance.
nevermind just found them at utimarc thanks
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:49:42 am by stavros693000 »
my first build classic style upright cabinet..... MARVELOUS FIGHTER (FINISHED) http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133066.0.html

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 07:45:25 am »
I dig the artwork. I think the marquee will really pop when lit up. Great job so far.

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 09:45:05 pm »
Well it's been quite a while since the last update. So here it goes.

Coin door is fully assembled...although I realized I'm missing all the coin door mounting pieces. Those little clips that attach the door to the panel itself..have to track those down somewhere

After it was all assembled I found out about these 3D printed AnyCoin V2 mech replacements..had to pick em up...not sure if I'll use them or not however

Finally getting down and dirty with the build itself!!!
Started out with the CP base since I figured that would be the most challenging with all the angles. Turns out it went pretty well..although I did not like how far the front of the base protruded so I top mounted that piece and routed some of it out to clear the track ball. then I routed out 1/8" off the CP bottom so the trackball will sit just right with the trim ring on there.

Next up was the cabinet base. That was a fun one to build! Especially routing out the room for the wheels...What a mess...hahaha!

Next up was getting the ledgers on the side panels..Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but it's close to being done

Also in possession of some of the remaining pieces for the build

Then after a couple tweaks on getting the artwork 100% aligned I got it all printed out. Man this looks really nice!

Now...back to the build. Hoping to get painting late next week, but I guess I'll see

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:17:10 pm by Scotty_C »

Alejo I

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:16:18 pm
  • Trying something new
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 08:40:42 am »
I'm not the biggest fan of carrier-like CPOs, but it looks like it's going to have some good proportions.

Which kind of trackball are you using? I'm looking into using one for my first project, but so far all the ones I've found are either terrible and cheap looking or industrial ones that happen to be hideously expensive.

Edit: I see on Google Photos it's an Ultimarc. Time to take a look at my budget.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:52:45 am by Alejo I »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 08:50:54 am »
If there was one thing I'd change on the CP I'd put the P3 and P4 buttons a little further in from the edge. When I rest my hand positioned over the buttons the palm of my hand is resting right on the edge of the CP. Won't bother me much as it'll mainly be a P1/P2 in play 90% of the time. If anything it'll promote player rotation for those players ;)

I'm using the Ultimarc U-TRAK trackball.

Alejo I

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:16:18 pm
  • Trying something new
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 08:55:31 am »
I'm using the Ultimarc U-TRAK trackball.
Thanks for the confirmation. It looks like I'll have to keep looking for an alternative since I won't be using one of their encoders.

Good job on that coin door, BTW.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:38:36 pm by Alejo I »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
Re: Electrocade (Based on Flynn's arcade)
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 09:32:23 am »
Making some good progress. Spent a majority of the day working on the build yesterday. Started the day with just the sides, base, and the CP completed. Cut all the front and back facing boards. I'm actually very surprised how well it came together. Still some additional pieces to get installed but ran short on time so I'll have to finish those up this week. I will be painting by the weekend..oh yes I will be :P Still a lot to do!

Does anyone know where I can get the coin door clips that are this style?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:20:19 pm by Scotty_C »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
Re: Electrocade (Based on Flynn's arcade)
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »
Slowly making some headway. Doubt it'll be done by EOY but we'll see what I can pull off ;)

Have completed nearly all the cabinet build. Only 6 more boards to cut, holes to drill, power connection panel to build, and then bondo/sanding.

Back Panels:

Marquee holders. Going to use tmolding to hold the marquee in place

Pocket screwed the 2x6 inplace  (successfully managed to do no screws through the outside of the side panels!)

drilled concealed hinge holes in the fold down door on the front (kit came with a nice 35mm forstner bit and pattern template! for $13)

tmolding slot cut on all pieces (that was easy, but what a mess lol!)

Then the fun part started. Removable front panel with coin door. Amazingly enough the dremel router attachment had the perfect curve for the coin door corners!

Cut the inner panel of the front to make room for the coin door and decided the best place for the 2 fans, then mounted my spacer pieces

Added the threaded inserts to the front panel and put it on there. Should allow for a nice indirect lighting glow. The LED strips and fan holes will not be visible!

Well that's it for now.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:23:55 pm by Scotty_C »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
Re: Electrocade - Still in build process 12/7
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »
well it's been a long while since I've updated. Thought I was going to hammer this out over the holiday break, but didn't even touch it. Figured I'll probably have it completed by April, haha.  Well where am I currently...

Picked up a couple AimTrak's for Christmas so those will be a nice addition. (also got a 34VDC PS to go with em). Any must haves shooters out there other than the MAME ones and THOD series?

Also had this for a while just thought I would post it up, but it's a rack mounted power strip..Adding custom ckt design to be essentially a smart strip with ability to bypass when needed. Stay tuned for that progress

Did the remaining work on the bottom of the CP and the CP box. Put all the recessed inserts in(TB ones not pictured) and routed out the parts for the LEDs that light the joystick surrounds. Then on the CP box I drilled a couple holes for some pinball buttons (L/R flipper and ball launch).

Then I needed to 'frost up' the clear tube joystick inserts so came up with a viable solution to spin them easily while sanding (30mm forstner with elec tape ;) )

Then I started on the fun part of this...painting...this by far is the hardest part of building a cabinet IMO. I've tried soo many methods to paint thus far it's been quite distrubing. So far what I've found to be the best for me is a couple coats of killz primer (sanded each coat), then 2-3 coats of Rust-Oleum Satin black..final coat just put down tonight. So we'll see how it turns out. For now I'm just trying to get the CP and CP box painted so I can vinyl and wire it up over the next month or so. The main cab will have to wait for consistent warm weather I'm afraid.

Couple pics of the paint process during various stages

Then moved onto the rattle can stuff :P (paint still wet in the pics...will see how they dry but there are little bubbles scattered everywhere. Will probably be good enough for the CP and CP box..but not the main cab IMO)

hehe in that last pic I'm trying the paint+primer spray. you can really tell how much MDF soaks up the paint compared to bondo ;)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:29:19 pm by Scotty_C »

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
Re: Electrocade - painting 1/23
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 10:23:24 pm »
um you should of hit it with kilz first sand then paint, for the edges, its been recommend to seal first with water glue slurry.

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 10:28:38 pm »
yeah, you may have something there. will sand it down a bit and take it from there. Thinkin I could get away with a shortcut here and there ;)

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 11:37:38 pm »
hmmmm.....what's this?   ;D

dezmond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2017, 04:12:40 pm
  • Gonna Build Something.......
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 10:26:54 am »

That's Puuuuuurdy :)

Really like you build here.  Doing a great job!

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 10:33:51 am »
Thanx dezmond!  I've been following yours well! You've got some great woodworking skills!

The finish on the CP came out great! Spray paint is the way to go! Ended up getting both sides of the CP completed this week and only a couple more coats to go on the CP box and that will be done.

Spent what I felt was an hour to line up the vinyl on the CP. Finally got it just where it needed to be.

I tried to flush cut the vinyl on a spare piece and I really didn't like the look of it. So decided to tuck the vinyl in on the edge and kind of hold it in there with the T-molding

Turned out awesome!....now to cut the holes out

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:30:47 pm by Scotty_C »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 01:50:14 pm »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:14:43 am by ChanceKJ »

scoodidabop

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:21:52 am
Re: Electrocade - painting n CP work 1/30
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »
I like Virtua Cop 1 and 2 and the other Sega games for the Aimtraks as well.  Make sure you use the Troubleshooter application and use the older version of the emulator for proper support though.

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 09:16:38 pm »
Good tips Chance! Will try the angle out when starting on the buttons. For sure those joystick cutouts are going to have to be near perfect.

scoodidabop: I've been playing around with troubleshooter2 app with model 2 emulator v1.0 and THOTD PC versions and just can't seem to get it to work right. I'm playing around with it on my windows 10 PC so maybe that's the reason. The actual arcade pc is running win 7 so I might give it a go on that one.  BTW did you get those 10 cabinets built yet? :P  You've got to be getting close, hehe.  oh and I've got future pinball all setup finally just needing to create some snap vids of each table which are not available on emu movies. What did you use to create your snap vids?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:29:24 pm by Scotty_C »

Betafini

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2017, 06:47:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 06:36:39 am »

Hmm, ok, you got my attention here. What is this?
Also: where and how much?  ;D

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 10:37:53 am »
Betafini:  Liquid neon! I was looking into crackle and plasma tubes but they were just too much $$  These guys are little though only12" http://www.xoxide.com/12linespcoca.html but only $30 for 3 of em

Thinkin one on each side of the monitor. Probably only have them on during power up and when the door is open (also on demand).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:10:08 pm by Scotty_C »

Betafini

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2017, 06:47:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 10:58:11 am »
Thanks for the info! Now I'm thinking of ways to implement this for my marquee...

I'm eager to see the result on your cab. Keep up the good work! And I love your artwork btw, sounds very promising.

ras2a

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2016, 02:21:26 pm
  • I drink, therefore I am!
    • Nolij
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 04:53:54 pm »
Utterly Sublime work!!!

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 09:28:28 am »
thanx for the encouragement and kind words!

Managed to get a little bit of work started...it's going to be a chore to do all this wiring, but it'll look decent. My original plan was to do a pcb that would route to a central connection point for each player, but just couldn't warrant the cost or design time. Going to use the heat shrink and wire sleeving I have on hand. Pics! :)

Got all the vinyl cut where needed. Exacto at and angle and a sharpie worked awesome!

next up installed all the joystick light rings and lighting

Trackball was up next...sits perfect IMO. I like the look of it with the trim ring

Then tossed the buttons in there...

Oh man....what did I get myself into!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:32:33 pm by Scotty_C »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 10:25:27 am »
Those are some crazy ass button arches you got there.

The "helping hands" you're using is pretty cool. Never seen one like that. :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 07:08:16 pm »
Those are some crazy ass button arches you got there.

The "helping hands" you're using is pretty cool. Never seen one like that. :cheers:

I'm assuming you are referring to the button layouts themselves (Although the wires on the button LEDs can definitely be shorter) I based the button layout on Chances Flynn's example and tweaked it a bit for my fingers. I'm pretty impressed with how comfortable it feels. The 6 inner buttons will be used the most though and those are in a more traditional style layout. The extreme outer ones will be more for the L/R triggers on SNES and the like ;)

I love the helping hands! Picked em up at sparkfun a while back.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 11:45:45 pm »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:02:43 am by ChanceKJ »

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 09:14:13 pm »
well...it's been about a month and I've managed to get about 20hrs of sleeving, shrinking, cutting, and soldering done. I can officially say the CP LED wiring is complete. I had a couple odd issues along the way. First a couple of the button LEDs themselves seem to be bad as the blue leads on the led would actually light up the red...so those LEDs were red, green, and red...lol. the other one I haven't really tackled yet, but on the Trackball LED wiring when I bench test it using the 4 pin connector it ends up lighting one of the admin buttons to white at full brightness...suspecting this has something to do with how I hooked up the 2nd ground from the trackball LED.  I'm outta town for 3 out of the next 5 weeks so won't have much time to work on this, but we'll see what I can pull off. But since I'm stuck in NJ for this week I'm going to be scouring  the forums and catching up on other projects around here.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:35:14 pm by Scotty_C »

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 09:17:23 pm »
Nice wiring porn!