Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME only problem: "The following emulators have invalid media locations"  (Read 11414 times)

spedinfargo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2023, 12:53:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Trying to get MA working since I got a free license from XArcade.  I can't seem to get past this pretty basic error.  It only happens on MAME - I tried NESTopia and that appears to work as expected.

My error is this:  "The following emulators have invalid media locations:" and then it lists MAME.

My machine is a 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Things I've tried:  Tried both 32-bit and 64-bit MAME.  A couple different versions as well.  I removed the EXE for MAME and I noticed that the error message changed slightly, so it appears to be specific to my ROM location.

I've tried numerous different ROM locations.  I've tried with the Image, Movie and Marquee both filled and blank.

Tried running MA in both elevated mode and with different compatibility settings on the .exe.

I didn't change anything else in the MAME settings in the MA preferences.

What doesn't it like about my Media folder?

Any ideas?

Edit:  tried version 2.09 as well.  Also tried playing around with short vs long for the filename setting.  Still nothing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:21:52 pm by spedinfargo »

spedinfargo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2023, 12:53:23 pm
I think I figured it out, based on the excellent notes from VWBusman in the Mala thread:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145865.0.html

It looks like the XML format change of Mame in 0.162 screwed things up for front ends.  When I pointed MA back to an older build of MAME that I had laying around then it seemed to work.

Anyone know if the MA devs would be aware of this issue?

Jonny G

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 05:59:46 pm
Bit of an old post I know, but just encountered this issue. MAME has dropped off my list of emulators in Maximus Arcade because of it. Anyone get anywhere with a fix?

indianajones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2016, 12:46:21 am
I created an account on this forum just to help other people with this issue.

After 2 years I decided to upgrade my mame cabinet with latest version and had no luck getting Maximus Arcade to parse the gamelist.xls file.

What you must do is edit the file in Notepad and change all XML tags <machine   and <\machine> to <game and <\game> respectively.

Hope this helps... I was surprised to notice that MA seem to be abandoned by the original developer.