Main > Project Announcements

READY PLAYER ONE: Arcade Cabinet Build (First Build **ALMOST COMPLETE**)

<< < (3/32) > >>

vwalbridge:
Wow, I've forgotten how funky the DL cab was. I mean... just look at that marquee! So unique looking.

Yours looks to be in tip top shape. Should fetch some pretty good coin right?

dkssprs:
Hi. I am also building a new cab for the family (FAMICADE).

One of my goals is the cab will have a coin acceptor but also a secret way to turn the cab into free play mode.

Why did you choose MALA? The only fortend i have used is MAXIMUS and i think its easy to work with it. Is MALA better?

Pauly:

--- Quote from: dkssprs on July 01, 2015, 09:37:45 am ---Hi. I am also building a new cab for the family (FAMICADE).

One of my goals is the cab will have a coin acceptor but also a secret way to turn the cab into free play mode.

Why did you choose MALA? The only fortend i have used is MAXIMUS and i think its easy to work with it. Is MALA better?

--- End quote ---

From my VERY limited experience, I went HYPERSPIN first and had many frustrations with it. Read about MALA and gave it a shot, it's incredibly easy to use and setup. Also I loved Mala had customization options available, for instance look at this guys custom theme, not too shabby. Theme editor is real simple, too.

http://www.severdhed.com/images/arcade/malalayout2.jpg

Not exactly as great as Hyperspin, but I think it amounts to how much work you put into it. I am actually very unfamiliar with Maximus, so I can't really comment on how it compares.

Also I did find an article about MAXIMUS comparisons here. Maybe I need to take a little more extra time into deciding the right frontend.

reptileink:
I went Maximus after being frustrated with Hyperspin.

This is the Xbox vs PS  debate you will find throughout the internet. I think it comes down to how comfortable you are with setting each one up. I found the "point and click" of Maximus a much easier go than Hyperspin personally. After all, I want to spend time PLAYING the games, not endless hours setting up the front end. You can get really creative with Maximus (I made custom images for systems), or just use it "out of the box" and still have a pretty cool interface. I wish I had more time/patience to do more with it, but in the end, it's about playing the games, not how flashy your front end is.

yotsuya:
I stayed with Hyperspin after not being very frustrated with Hyperspin. Set it up once, never have to again.  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version