Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MameWah - Trackball in MAME - How??  (Read 3319 times)

mkdevo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 09:31:59 pm
MameWah - Trackball in MAME - How??
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:21:42 am »
i realize this is a stupid noob question, but for the life of me, i can't figure it out or find the answer anywhere..

i just got my trackball working last night with my optipac.. however, i can't get it to work in-game. i added mouse 1 to mamewah's ctrlr/default.ini file, and the trackball now works in mamewah, but not in the games themselves.

i've read that i may need to add /m /1 to the command line for mame, but where exactly do i put this?? i tried adding it to the end of the emulator_executable line in mamewah's mame.ini, but that didn't work..

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

electricd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2011, 03:30:33 pm
  • I'm not a llama!
Re: MameWah - Trackball in MAME - How??
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:10:27 am »
Open MAME.ini and look for:

### Input device options ###

Make sure that this is in there:

mouse                   1

Thats it :)

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:29:32 am »
I believe the "mame.ini" file which is being reffered to is the official mame application "mame.ini" file .... not the MameWah "mame.ini" configuration file.

Go to the folder where you have the "mame.exe" application.   In that same folder you will see a "mame.ini" file.    Of course if you do not see one, then you can create one by issuing the following command in that folder:

mame -cc

Now once you have a "mame.ini" file, then edit it and set the mouse option to "1"

mkdevo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:40:06 am »
I believe the "mame.ini" file which is being reffered to is the official mame application "mame.ini" file .... not the MameWah "mame.ini" configuration file.

Go to the folder where you have the "mame.exe" application.   In that same folder you will see a "mame.ini" file.    Of course if you do not see one, then you can create one by issuing the following command in that folder:

mame -cc

Now once you have a "mame.ini" file, then edit it and set the mouse option to "1"

THAT is what i was looking for! THANK YOU! i was looking all over for this mame.ini file, and i couldn't find it anywhere!  ::)

unclet

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 09:45:48 am »
 :)

mkdevo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:48 pm »
well, i'm afraid i'm not quite done asking for help on this one...  >:(

i created a mame.ini, and set the mouse value to 1. but when i go into a game (take golden tee for example), my trackball still doesn't control the game, BUT my 'real' mouse does.. the trackball still works in mamewah..

any ideas as to what i might be doing wrong here?

thanks again guys..  :banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 09:31:51 pm »
You didn't do anything wrong... this well meaning guy totally fudged up the mouse input system in mame and now each mouse works independantly of each other (which is good) but the defaults are seldom matching to what you actually have (which is bad).  You'll have to go into mame's general settings and manually remap or trackball or optionally make a ctrlr file and remap it there. 

unclet

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 10:26:43 pm »
or just stick with Mame103 or 104, since I do not believe the "mouse" change was altered in mame code in those versions .... correct?

mkdevo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 08:14:35 am »
You didn't do anything wrong... this well meaning guy totally fudged up the mouse input system in mame and now each mouse works independantly of each other (which is good) but the defaults are seldom matching to what you actually have (which is bad).  You'll have to go into mame's general settings and manually remap or trackball or optionally make a ctrlr file and remap it there. 

that easy, huh?? DONE!  :applaud:

i actually read your post when i first woke up this morning around 4am, and was COMPLETELY confused!  ;D took a shower, read it again, and went down and set it up. got a couple holes of golden tee 2k in before prying myself away to go to work!

THANK YOU!!

SlaveUnit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2006, 09:32:20 pm
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 03:46:10 pm »
I was having the same issue.  I got the trackball to work just by changing some of the vaules from keyboard to mouse in mame.ini.  Now does anyone know how to get the spinner working?  It is a USB one so it lists a HID under device manager.  But I am not sure what to call it within the mame.ini.  Any ideas.  Thanks!

sand10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2018, 01:17:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 10:55:09 am »
I can't get my trackball to work on the windows screen. I use Windows XP. I also can't get it to work in any game. Obviously newbie here.....I need help bad!  Really want to play my game games again with my trackball