Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcadeshop.de - Keep away from this website !!!  (Read 10524 times)

VinceH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcadeshop.de - Keep away from this website !!!
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:47 am »
Hi guys,

Short email to share some comments about Arcadeshop.de
This is a German webstore or arcade parts where I ordered few things for the cabinet I'm building.
The problem is that the shop owner react very quickly on emails pre-sale but as soon as the order has been placed and the payment is received it's silence...
I'm not getting my parts and that guy did not answer emails, phone call or messages sent from the contact page of his webshop.
Looking on the web I now see that hundreds of customers got the exact same things and never got their order or their money back.
The Facebook page of that shop shows also many comments from customer claiming the exact same thing. I should have checked this before placing the order  :banghead:
I now have a claim process started on the Paypal website to get this moving forward or to get my money back.
Please share the information, be aware of this and keep away from that scam site.

Regards.
 Vince.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:58:00 am
  • retro maniac
Re: Arcadeshop.de - Keep away from this website !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »
I ordered once and I didn't have any problem. Maybe simply something happens to him.

VinceH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 05:38:57 am »
I ordered once and I didn't have any problem. Maybe simply something happens to him.

I'm not saying that he will screw up every single order but if you search on the web you'll see that really a huge number of people got trapped the exact same way as I've been.
Some are complaining about an order placed about two years ago that has never been delivered or refunded. If you go to the shop's Facebook page you'll also see many comments on the same matter.

I think you've been a lucky one and I'm really happy for you. Unfortunately I've been less lucky.

If others want to try to purchase from him, go ahead but you have to know that there is a risk. That's the message I want to share. I do not own a part shop so I don't have anything to win telling you this I just don't want others to face the same issue  :angel:

By the way, I can say that I don't thing something happens to him, I sent him another message from the contact page of the site, using a different name and email address asking for information about a part and I just got an answer... So he answers to emails that can bring him new sales... But not others... Looks like the best proof of his dishonesty.

StefR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2019, 03:49:36 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147459.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:43:40 am »
I just had a similar experience.  After 3 weeks of waiting for an order confirmation, shipping details or at least a response to my emails, I filed a dispute on paypal.  They eventually refunded me (at least) with no explanation and still no response.  Unbelievable.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:39:05 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:12 am »
Always go straight to your credit card, never bother filing disputes with Paypal.

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:41:11 am »
Always go straight to your credit card, never bother filing disputes with Paypal.

+1 If you have a credit card company worth anything...they will back you up every time.
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

mattsoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2018, 10:26:25 pm
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »
Huh, I just ordered a barter from these guys 2 weeks ago. Processing time is listed 3-4 weeks. Here's hoping it works out.

mattsoft

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:40:39 pm »
Huh, now I can't get a response from arcade forge on my cab order. It's been 5 days, no response.  :banghead:

mattsoft

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »
Update: i posted on their Facebook page about my order and got a prompt response. After waiting a month, they shipped my order out Monday. Here's hoping it's accurate!

mattsoft

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:39:58 pm »
Just another update: finally got my order from arcade forge and everything was there and in good shape. Took them awhile and communication was not great, but the cabinet kit is pretty great actually. looking forward to building it!

ChurchOfSolipsism

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:43:39 pm
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 08:56:54 am »
Sorry to necrobump, but I just stumbled over this thread and thought I'd like to weigh in here. Starting 10 years ago, I ordered at least three or four times from arcadeshop.de (I live in Germany as well), and there were never any problems at all. What the op describes does sound quite obnoxious; I'm having similar problems with a boardgame vendor from Belgium, and it annoys the hell out of me.