Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: use update from different country/region  (Read 2754 times)

Lion9624

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2017, 02:03:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
use update from different country/region
« on: June 16, 2015, 03:10:19 am »
Hello Everyone,

I bought a Megatouch Force Elite Edge with Software 2006 on it, it’s in a very good condition and it was never in a Bar.

i have a few questions and i hope you can help:

To update or replace the software to 2011, I just need a Hard Drive and a Key from Ebay to do that right? i probably won't find a update dvd or so for my key SA3502-03 because i live in Switzerland.
on Ebay the keys have SAxxxx-01 on the ending for the country or region. Will that still work for me?
Do you guys have different language selection on your Megatouch?

I'm sorry for my noob questions  ;D

thanks Lion

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: use update from different country/region
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »
you can set the language later. by default it's english.

I don't believe it really matters much. it's just so the software knows what region it is an knows what options to offer.

most of USA is SAxxxx-01 but some states have a different key number suffix (I belive SAxxxx-02) because they don't allow some forms of games. This is  because they are considered gambling (even though no money is won) so those states have some games like poker unavailable to play. there were also some online tournaments where you could win prizes. each area would have different prizes (or none at all) according to the local regulations.

as long as the key number matches what the software on the drive is expecting, it's fine.