Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A 0 games found workaround for MAME v.162 and later with Mala.  (Read 57323 times)

SGT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2023, 08:29:42 pm
Re: A 0 games found workaround for MAME v.162 and later with Mala.
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 09:37:40 pm »
... and the method still works for Mame 0.227.   Someone should write a utility to make the job a little quicker?  ;D

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Old, but not obsolete.

1upmegaman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2021, 12:39:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: A 0 games found workaround for MAME v.162 and later with Mala.
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2021, 12:33:30 pm »
Well i have to thank the person who came up with this strategy it works but not all the way if u let mala pull the xml or even let cmd pull it and then use this strategy it does not change the exe u have to tell mala not to create xml then point mala to changed xml then u only have 3 times to start mala before it recognizes the change and locks then u must start process over agian. so the goal is to find a program that can turn exe scribble to normal xml format notepad++ must have this feature but iam a noob at at of this just like to play old games. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE EXE PLEASE POST.