Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Ion Elite In Asia  (Read 2727 times)

M.Callahan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:30:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch Ion Elite In Asia
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:02:58 am »
Hello Everyone. I have poured through the threads and do not see an answer to my (noob) question. I have Ion Elite sitting in front of me. The gent I bought it off of is really great but unavailable right now so im reaching out to you guys. I have a plug for local wall socket however wanted to ensure this machine is dual voltage. The power supply has been replaced with a Toppower Top-Flex 300W. The TopPower site makes it look all dandy. The concern is that when I trace the cable to the power supply point I notice extra wires (see image) splitting off the connection prior to reaching power supply unit? Is there other components that piggyback that connection? If so are they dual voltage as well or will I fry something if I plug this guy right in? Kinda makes no sense to have a duel rated power supply if the rest of the machine is not set up for use internationally. Can anyone help???

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:05:37 pm
Re: Megatouch Ion Elite In Asia
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »
As far as I know the bill acceptor is not linked to the power supply so if your in Asia  (220v?) might fry it. I cant confirm this though. But everything else on the ion should be comming off the power supply which should have a 115v or 220 switch. (again i cant confirm) but most PSU's do.

M.Callahan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:30:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »
Yup for sure finally traced that pesky wire and its was inconsequential after all. What I did find out was that your correct that the bill collector draws power inline prior to source reaching Power Supply and getting converted. Which is kinda odd in my mind but whatever, easy fix, disconnected bill collector and boom shes all set!!!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:51 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 03:31:45 pm »
the bill acceptors aren't powered by the computer power supply, they run off line voltage. (in that case, 110 volts) the power is switched off and on with the power switch on the back of the unit. This is why there is 2 wires attached there in your photo.

you can easily run the computer power supply from 90-270 volts as it's auto switching. but any bill acceptor that would have been installed in the machine is set running at 100-130 volts AC.