Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Video Action (pong style game)  (Read 1503 times)

ZMan10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2015, 12:16:58 pm
Video Action (pong style game)
« on: June 15, 2015, 03:32:45 am »
I recently acquired a Video action which I believe to be a VA-II. It was what I can only guess was modified and placed into a cabinet with a coin slot like the original cocktail style table. I have removed all of the electronics and the monitor and here is where the trouble starts. The monitor is a Broadmoor Model 2512 that looks to be made by the same company as the original model 2012 I believe that came with the unit. I have the original paperwork that came with the system but I can not figure out exactly how it is wired. There are three wires coming out of the harness Red white and black that are soldered to the TV. Inside the control box the the black goes to black, white to yellow and red to purple. The yellow and purple go to a switch on the front of the control box that lets you toggle between "Game"and"TV". Now my question is there any way to wire in a newer monitor, and if so how would that be done. I will add pictures soon to try and make it easier to understand.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:01:50 pm by ZMan10 »

ZMan10

• Offline Offline
Re: Video Action (pong style game)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:36:27 am »
The first two pics are the game and TV switch the last one is the connector where the TV will plug into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matsadona

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:03:17 am »
Pure guessing here, but I would believe that you have a simple composite video signal from this box (before the RF-modulator)...
If so it should be just a matter of putting a RCA connector on the wire in the best of worlds.

Maybe like this:
Black : Ground
Yellow : Video
Red: Audio

http://www.pong-story.com/url.htm
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

ZMan10

• Offline Offline
Video Action (pong style game)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:10 pm »
See that was my first thought too but after going through and using what info I had from the game manual (which is awful by the way), it seems as thought there is some sort of switching going on that triggers the TV to either be on the game or to run as a normal tv. I attached some pictures I'll have to make two post cause it will only let me do 8 at a time. And the other reason that makes me think it's not sound is that there is a speaker attached to the housing of the game and when your using the game that's where sound comes from. When you use the TV as a normal TV you get sound out of the TV.  Yellow seems to be connected to TV side of switch and purple seems to be connected to game side of switch. I added pictures of the board on the TV that shows how the input wires are attached. Are RCA wires Coaxial because that would explain the black wire that is directly attached to the game board. I appreciate any ideas or help I work with PLCs and electrical circuits all the time but have never worked with many boards like this so I have no ladder logic to go off of and never worked with video equipment like this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:40:04 pm by ZMan10 »

ZMan10

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:38:03 pm »
Here are the other pictures