Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Beginners help on Ipac Ultimate and RGB lights  (Read 11990 times)

offtheclocklive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2018, 05:46:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Beginners help on Ipac Ultimate and RGB lights
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:16:16 pm »
I have spent some hours trying to figure this out and was recommended to ask seek assistance here.

I am looking to purchasing from Ultimark some RGB lighted buttons and controller to use with Hyperspin and Ledblinky.

After re-reading and trying to find more info I am stumped a bit, I want to be sure that my shopping cart has all I need to install lighted buttons and the 4-8 way controller and the correct interface or interfaces needed.

If I get the Ultimarc Ultimate it looks like I need the PacLED64 Board as well to light the controls and buttons, that's correct right?

Ultimarc Ultimate I/o hooks up to join the keyboard assignment to the button or controller, but then how does the pacled64

So far my list is
• 2 Jsticks and 2 illuminated stick handles
• Ultralux RGB Buttons
• Ipac Ultimate
• PacLED64  ( Question is it needed since the Ultimate is also in this purchase? )

I appreciate some guidance on this if any one has the answer. Thank you

offtheclocklive

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2018, 05:46:53 pm
Re: Beginners help on Ipac Ultimate and RGB lights
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:37:21 pm »
I just noticed I placed this into the completely wrong forum. Can a moderator please move this to the right one. I would hate to double post.

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:41:03 pm »
The PacLED isn't needed, the functionality is in the ultimate.  Make sure you add the servo board for the sticks.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:31:35 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:18:49 am »
I actually just installed the same setup and used the ultimate board. I can confirm you do not need a PacLED. Just make sure you have the LED power cable which I think comes standard.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:10 am »
I just noticed I placed this into the completely wrong forum. Can a moderator please move this to the right one. I would hate to double post.

I will leave this posted, since you had a couple of replies.
This might be better suited for Software Forum, but since flashing lighted buttons could be considered automation, I don't see any problem with posting it here.
I would personally like to see more posts of this kind on here.

Homietheclown

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2016, 10:28:15 am
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 02:23:06 pm »
I actually just installed the same setup and used the ultimate board. I can confirm you do not need a PacLED. Just make sure you have the LED power cable which I think comes standard.

I am in the same situation. Can you tell me exactly where you plug in the RGB connector (from the U-track) into the Ultimate I\O.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:31:35 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 03:25:44 pm »
Looking at a picture of the U-track, it looks like the standard RGB blue (plus a ground) you should be able to plug it into any 1 of the 32 LED slots. And if there is a ground wire, just connect to a ground pin.