Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chassis Pentranic CH-288 29inch  (Read 3921 times)

Dragon007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2022, 12:03:28 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Chassis Pentranic CH-288 29inch
« on: November 11, 2021, 07:30:27 am »
hi, i am writing this post in search of knowledge, i got a weche ok baby arcade with a pentranic crt and pentranic ch288 29 inch chassis.  the chassis seems to work well the issue is the crt is totally exhausted and stained I would like to be able to replace it, does anyone know which tube is compatible with said chassis?  The Hitachi of a daytona Usa 2 will go well?  I am also thinking of using a Toshiba brand or Panasonic panablack 29 flea home tube.  is there any crt list compatible with said chassis?  From already thank you very much.

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:26:13 am
Re: Chassis Pentranic CH-288 29inch
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:02:00 am »
Well im not an expert in this field and before learnig, i use to do alot of reading, and most people tend to over react on tube swap, the tru is, and i learned this from an old old guy that had years of experience, as long as the tube has the same pinout, and the yoke has the same readings, youll be good to go, theres some precaution only, when you are giong to conect the tube at the chasis, to make sure you are conecting it right horizontal and vertical at the 4 colors conection, as sometimes those are inverted. I have sucesfully swaped 3 tubes with that technique. Good luck.

Dragon007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2022, 12:03:28 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Chassis Pentranic CH-288 29inch
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 04:02:38 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer, my idea is to test Panasonic tube supposedly they told me that it works well The impedances are very close to those of my chassis .. but you say with caution and a question of taking risks