Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to Boot to EXE Game?  (Read 1194 times)

Mitargreste

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2016, 06:14:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to Boot to EXE Game?
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:00:01 pm »
Hey, I'm sure there are other topics explaining this but I couldn't find them (A link would be great). Long story short I'm hoping to be using a Raspberry Pi to make a tabletop arcade cabinet. The problem is is that I want it to boot to whatever OS and then load a .exe game as seamlessly as possible without seeing much of the OS itself and then possibly shutting down the Pi if the game is closed out of. Its only going to be used for the one game so I don't need a front end for multiple games. Any input is appreciated :)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: How to Boot to EXE Game?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:32:06 pm »
i think you are going to have to decide on an OS first. they can vary as to how to go about doing this.