Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA - Outputs to physical Tachometer? RamjetVR / Troubleshooter2?  (Read 1579 times)

Pstylz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 04:24:01 pm
  • 4Player Arcade Racer - WIP
Hi all,

I'm about to start my latest project - 4 player Arcade Racer - and really want to make the cabinets more visual than my previous projects so I'd like to add outputs like Raceleader lamps, VR lamps and a physical Tachometer + Shift light.
I'm hoping someone out there has been able to get a physical tachometer to work with Daytona USA (model 2 games etc) or any arcade racing games?

I've done a bit of playing around with RamjetVR v1.4 and been able to extract the "outputs" of lamps, raceleader, shift light and RPM to a text file.
Using a PACDRIVE I can get all the VR Lamps and Shift Light to output to LEDs.

Has anyone been able to use this to translate the text file to a physical Tachometer?

Is there other ways of doing this?  Mamehooker?  Troubleshooter2?  OutputBlaster?  etc?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!