Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Easiest way to enable your PC wheel to work with non supported games?  (Read 2276 times)

delt31

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2020, 03:11:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I would like to use my wheel on my dreamcast emulator, or other arcade emulators however often times it is not recognized. Using GT force logitech wheel.  Any suggestions on what you guys use to map this to work?  Is it possible?  Example - want to use the wheel with nulldc (for hydrothunder).

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Easiest way to enable your PC wheel to work with non supported games?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:36:27 pm »
Why not get a DC wheel and hook it up to the PC.  Plenty of them out there.  ;)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:10 pm »
Could Xpadder be the answer? With that program you can map any controller to keyboard. I'm not sure if there is a trial version on their website though. http://www.xpadder.com/

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:36 pm »
It is probably working sometimes and not others because you are unplugging it and the controller ID is changing.
The solution is to leave it plugged in.

Logitech wheels work fine for NullDC or any other program that accepts input from an analog direct input controller (i.e. any game controller made before xbox360 controllers became the standard for pc games).

If you want to remap buttons or have the buttons post as keyboard keys instead, use Logitech profiler software.