Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Which spinner is this?  (Read 1581 times)

davidgilmour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2021, 05:54:09 pm
Which spinner is this?
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:18:26 pm »
Does anyone knows which Spinner this is?

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
Re: Which spinner is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »
The aluminum ring visible under the knob makes me think it's a Turbo Twist 2 from www.GroovyGameGear.com. The other photos of that cabinet show a button in that spot instead of the spinner and I'm fairly sure the only mainstream spinner available that fits a standard button hole is the TT2, so I'm nearly positive that's what it is.

johnrt

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:10:23 pm »
The aluminum ring visible under the knob makes me think it's a Turbo Twist 2 from www.GroovyGameGear.com. The other photos of that cabinet show a button in that spot instead of the spinner and I'm fairly sure the only mainstream spinner available that fits a standard button hole is the TT2, so I'm nearly positive that's what it is.
Also the SpinTrak from UltiMarc fits in a standard button hole.
http://www.ultimarc.com/SpinTrak.html

davidgilmour

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:30:37 am »
Yeah, I also think that is the one, but what has he done with the button beside paiting it? There is a hole in the middle as well, and they don't sell these buttons.

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:03:59 am »
Also the SpinTrak from UltiMarc fits in a standard button hole.http://www.ultimarc.com/SpinTrak.html

OOPS, I guess it could be either of those then.

surface tension

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2018, 08:45:48 am
  • feel the tension...
    • surface tension tables
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:01:32 am »
Yeah, I also think that is the one, but what has he done with the button beside paiting it? There is a hole in the middle as well, and they don't sell these buttons.

It looks like a flyweight on top with a lick of paint.

davidgilmour

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »

It looks like a flyweight on top with a lick of paint.
Yes, it looks like a fw. But isnt that supposed to go underneath the spinner? And not on top?

johnrt

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »
Btw: This is Rasmus' Verticade (http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/stepverticade7.htm). I posted a question to him on his Facebook group.

johnrt

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:45 am »
He confirmed. It's a SpinTrak spinner from Ultimarc, and the spinner knob is just the flyweight.

davidgilmour

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 05:37:21 am »
Ah cool, thanks