Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help with Maximus - noob  (Read 2341 times)

manderko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2015, 09:05:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need help with Maximus - noob
« on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:45 pm »
Hey guys,

So I just purchased a pre-built cabinet from the X-arcade guys and the PC came loaded with the MA front-end. I went into preferences (ctrl+p) to switch my mame version by switching the pathway for the emu and the roms...switched the scan to "long pathway", and added ".7z" to the scan. I force a re-scan, close out, and everything works great.

The problem is every time I turn my PC off it reverts back to the old pathway originally designated by the x-arcade guys. It isn't just with mame either. Whenever I add another emu, ie JNes and put NES in the display order, it works great...until I restart and it loads right back into the original setting it was sent with.

The only thing I can think of is that they briefly mentioned updating a setting if my computer updates to Windows 8.1...It was set to auto update and I don't know if this issue was happening before so I have no basis of comparison...

sorry if this is a stupid topic but It is such a pain in the ass to keep doing the pathway switch every single time I turn on my cabinet. Thanks for any help in advance and have a great day!!

Mark

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: Need help with Maximus - noob
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 11:38:57 pm »
Try going to the preferences.exe rather than the ctr p. There is frequently issues when doing so.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:22:08 am »
Try going to the preferences.exe rather than the ctr p. There is frequently issues when doing so.

+1 -- also make sure that windows didn't for some reason make the files or entire folder read only so that it is not actually writing the changes you are making to the HDD.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:41:08 am »

+1 -- also make sure that windows didn't for some reason make the files or entire folder read only so that it is not actually writing the changes you are making to the HDD.
That's a good one too. Happens to me all the time. Not on my make computer but on my personal laptop.