Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Humble Bundle pay what you want donation system.  (Read 3212 times)

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Humble Bundle pay what you want donation system.
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:13:13 am »
Does anyone know how to set up a donation system like humblebundle.com 's sliding donation system?  I think it would be perfect for here. 

Download a pdf plan here?  Donate to the site and author of the plans.  Like someones art they shared ?  Throw a bone to them and the file host.  I'm not suggesting a $25 donation for a freely posted pdf, but maybe a $1 or what ever satisfied you.

Would anyone do that sort of thing? 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:02:53 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Humble Bundle pay what you want donation system.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:13:13 am »
I'd rather share my art/files for free (indeed, I already have) than start worry about charging. If I ever did anything for $$$, it would be on commission. My $0.02.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:34:37 am »
I'd rather share my art/files for free (indeed, I already have) than start worry about charging. If I ever did anything for $$$, it would be on commission. My $0.02.
Thank you for the opportunity to clarify my statement.  It would be something on the lines of the donate button on http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/ but with the sliding scale.  I don't get the impression he is charging the single user at all, just offering an avenue for donations *just in case* someone is motivated.

I don't mean to charge others.  I'll use the recent DK plans as an example.  They are coming together nicely aren't they?

So 2 dudes are geographically separated working on compiling these sheets of measurements.  Putting in a few hours overnight to get it right.  The closest nintendo cab to me is over an hour away at a hotel.  Its in odd place to take measurements; not at the end.

I'm not talking a large amount, but a buck or two to say thanks; a token of appreciation.  If they didn't care to make use of it, they could donate it to the site for hosting.

In this case, ideally I'd enjoy the plans to have a table of contents, parts list, board count to include dimensions as well as other parts like hinges, marquee retainers and of course the arcade parts as well as the measurements they've included. 

It's a novel idea, not something I'm going to guilt, or push others to do.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:47:30 am »
if anyone wants to give me money, just PM me for my paypal info. send as gift only though!
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 06:36:39 am »
if anyone wants to give me money, just PM me for my paypal info. send as gift only though!

Ditto.  I remember not long ago we were all penniless. 

So if you gotta give, send it my way.  I will use it towards my Phd.   :cheers:

If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.