Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: .  (Read 22471 times)

ChanceKJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:22:07 am »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:16:13 am by ChanceKJ »

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
Re: How To: Make A Raspberry Pi Arcade (With No Programming)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 04:46:56 am »
I'd like to give a shout out to a retropie offshoot called recalbox for those who want something even easier to setup. The author is great and good about helping and taking feedback. He offers both a turn key option for a fee and a DIY option for free. Everything is pretty much plug and play, including Bluetooth and ps3 controlled and using wired Xbox or wireless Xbox controllers with an adapter. As an extra benefit he has made it so that you can access kodi (one of the best media centers out there).

https://www.recalbox.com

MaseMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 08:49:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:43:24 am »
I'm thinking about getting one of these kits. Looks very simple to put together. My living room could use a retro gaming system with the option of using a bluetooth controller.

DesiredOutcome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2017, 09:53:09 pm
  • I want to get Mame Arcade!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:01:29 pm »
Any one use the kit?

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 09:42:03 pm »
I've put a couple kits together. Seem to be a good quality. Not much to them really.

Recalbox IMO is the better of the 2 (.img files? I think they're called) Retropi kept corrupting and locking up on various different SD cards. Not to mention Recalbox looks much better on CRT's. I'm sure a person could get retropi to look as good by tweaking some files but why bother when Recal looks great right out of the box. Only down side is it doesn't save hi-scores with mame and retropi does. I think there is a work-around for it I just haven't got too it yet.
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

WendyLong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2017, 05:50:05 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 05:50:38 am »
I have read an article related to this tip: Depending on the case you want to put your project in, you will need the same base (the RPI, sd card).
For power, depending on the screen size you can choose either the power boost 500c or 1000 to power your whole system. the power boost is used to charge the lipo battery you plug on it and boost the voltage from 3.7v to 5v.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:04:43 am by PL1 »