Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 1999 midway nfl blitz  (Read 1341 times)

michguy2009

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2015, 10:34:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
1999 midway nfl blitz
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:02:54 am »
Hello,

New to this site. I  have a 1999 midway nfl blitz cabinet, but it does have 2000 gold blitz in it. Its a 4 player game

I was looking to change the hard drive to a multi-game hard drive. Any help would be great. wondered if I should change it to a 2 player game, so that I could add a trackball and change the buttons to 6 button setup, or can I keep the game a four player setup and add a trackball to the setup? This cabinet has the 49 way joysticks. can you use them for any game, or should I change them to like 8 ways or 4 way joysticks.

Very good with wiring and things like that, I do know something's about Jamma boards and pins, but this setup is new to me having a hard drive. I seen they sell a 3000+  game hard drive, but don't know about what controls to change or add. I know my wife has to have Centipede and Pac man and a track ball installed. I'm a Rygar and Black Tiger guy myself.

Like to know how and what to do mostly keep the system in it, change the hard drive and controls if I have to. I don't know if I should use the 49 way joysticks, or get 8 way joysticks. adding buttons is ok. trackball adding is ok , how many buttons to add. and to keep or change it from 4 player to 2 player?

Cleaning up the cabinet now, repairing the chips and broken corner. get it painted and order some custom side art and t-molding. So I have little time to listen to everyone.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: 1999 midway nfl blitz
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:45 am »
it doesnt work that way with the hard drive.

If you have Vegas Hardware you can convert your blitz 2k gold to Sports Station, adding NBA Hangtime to the cab (2 games in 1 cab)
Everything else requires you either running an XXXX in 1 board or a MAME PC. The games you specified sort of conflict

Pacman : Vertical monitor, 4 way stick
Centipede: Vertical monitor trackball fire button
Rygar and Black Tiger : Horizontal monitor, 8 way stick, 2 fire buttons

So a MAME PC is your best bet, or a rotating monitor. I'd suggest 2 player SF+1 layout with the trackball in the middle, unless you think you'll play a lot more 4 player games than 2 player games.

If you do have Vegas hardware and want to get rid of it, shoot me a price. If you aren't sure what board you have, post a picture with the cage lid off.

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

michguy2009

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:43:29 am »
So a mame is the best way to get all them games? can I use a windows 7 setup to run the pc? and what and how do I get the mame program. I know you need a monitor board to use the crt arcade montor. the blitz game plays very well but not into football at all.. I want pacman and ms pacman and the other games I said, but wanted a bunch of games to play..

if I run a mame setup. what controls do I use? can you use the 49 way joysticks? and just add a trackball, and more buttons? if I ran a mame I may keep the 4 players on it. if I can use four player with that xxxx board I would do that. questions I have is what joysticks and how many buttons do I need, some games need 7 buttons I think. but I see everyone doing 6 buttons..

do you have a xxxx 1 board setup? they have a board that has over 3000 games on it.  if you do maybe we can work out a  trade on my 2000 blitz board. let me know outside in garage repairing the cabinet right now.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:15 am »
I don't have an XXXX in 1 board, but I did make a cab for a friend using one. Its odd, I cant tell you how to find one without breaking the rules.

You would not be able to use the 49 ways on them, standard 8 way sticks would be your bets bet, and either get a dedicated 4 way for pacman and the like, or get a 4/8 way switchable.
I dont know of any games that require 7 buttons, unless you are including the start button.

If you use a MAME PC, you would probably want to get either an arcade VGA card or just replace the CRT with an LCD (blasphemy, I know)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:36:22 am by Malenko »

michguy2009

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:56:04 pm »
thanks for the help.

I did find stickers on the inside back of cabinet that say nba jam tournament . so it was a nba cabinet at first. nba to a blitz 99 and then the hardware is 2000 gold blitz. wanted to fix everything before I  changed anything at all. joystick one not working and have some wires that are messed up I want to make sure everything works before I change things around.

lamprey

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2019, 07:03:11 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:42 pm »
Depending on what you want to do, you can setup a MAME machine and use your existing 49-way joysticks (I'm doing that currently). If you wanted a XX-in-1 type setup there is the ArcadeSD (which supports 49-way joysticks). I've not used one myself, but I've read some pretty positive things about it. The downside is that it isn't the cheapest solution.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 07:27:24 pm »
can and should are not the same thing.