Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee 2001 -2006 CHD's and the U53's, Big Buck Hunter, Carnival King  (Read 24981 times)

classicgameswi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2019, 12:03:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Golden Tee 2001 -2006 CHD's and the U53's, Big Buck Hunter, Carnival King
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2019, 12:03:43 am »
Ed,

I am trying to follow along here, did you guys ever get this to work?
I have some boards that are missing U53 and would like to get them working.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:35:07 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Golden Tee 2001 -2006 CHD's and the U53's, Big Buck Hunter, Carnival King
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2019, 01:35:01 am »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Edward Downey of London, Ontario passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 31, 2018 after a valiant health battle at the age of 60.

I'm sure he was our ed12 based on his name, city, age, and date of passing.

Scott

Fate3d

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2023, 02:55:27 am
  • Arcade Living
Well been reading over and over on this post. Got most of the tools he used but would like others to jump in a help. Just feel like we have to continue what he left behind.  :)

Fate3d

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Living
Forgot to add my current setup I'm using right now is AVR Studio 4.19 with the STK500 board running it on windows xp. Just like in the past post testing on a new old stock AT90S2313 chip ID matches up. So i know that works right. But the test chip comes back not matching because of the fuse lock. So the STK500 will create the 12v to reset pin but I feel like Im missing something either in the software setting or a jumper on the stk500 board. I wired it just like the manual said to do. Just did not want to build a programmer not knowing for sure it would work right. He said in the past the stk500 was the board to use for this type of thing. I will keep at it for sure. Should have more chips in to test soon.  :banghead:

Fate3d

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade Living
Still working on it. Finally got the 2006 chip to test on. So far I build a few serial isp dongles. Waiting on another target board to try. He said you can use the STK500 but not sure if im missing an adapter card or something to use the isp 6pin connector from the dongle to the stk500. The stk500 has a built in isp so not sure how he did it. I have a stk300 coming in and I think that will fix my issue talking with the chip they way it needs to. Avr studio sees the chip id. But I see now the main focus is the reset timing pulse on 12+. So the older programming software is the way to go to control that part better for me. The last resort would to be making a target board with LPT port with separate voltage feeds for 5v and 12v since every computer is different. Also I do have a desktop pc that has a 3.5 disk drive I will try FB running from that. So I will try every way I can with what I got. This is why I don't throw away old pc's.  :lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 10:05:47 pm by Fate3d »