Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat X Arcade Machine  (Read 45635 times)

MK3FAN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 07:07:29 pm
Re: Mortal Kombat X Arcade Machine
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2015, 05:29:46 pm »
im just popping to say i marked so hard for your build man. Your little mk gameroom is like my fantasy in a picture. I cant say anything others didnt, besides that is such a bad ass idea to make a cab for a new mk.. genius. Great work man, im a huge fan

Thanks!

:)
Current collection - 28 cabs, 4 pins. (32 machines and not enough room)

foxcool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 10:40:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:31 am »
MK3FAN could help me with a chart or more photos of the mod hack you used to the controls of your arcade ps4

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:38:30 pm
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2015, 12:08:14 am »
So how bad was it, really, on the CRT?  I'm ok with doing an LCD in my Killer Instinct 3 cabinet but if a CRT can be done that might be fun.

MK3FAN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »
So how bad was it, really, on the CRT?  I'm ok with doing an LCD in my Killer Instinct 3 cabinet but if a CRT can be done that might be fun.

It was pretty good actually, but it's MUCH better in the correct aspect ratio and HD.

MK3FAN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2015, 02:52:27 pm »
MK3FAN could help me with a chart or more photos of the mod hack you used to the controls of your arcade ps4

I don't have the machine anymore, but this might help. Just make sure to scrape off the coating on the pads and use a low-heat iron because you can damage the pads/traces with too much heat. Also, make sure to use some flux so your solder will stick to the pads easier. Don't forget about the 8kohm resistors you'll need as well. If you have any further questions, let me know...

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:56:34 pm by MK3FAN »

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:38:30 pm
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2015, 04:20:52 pm »

It was pretty good actually, but it's MUCH better in the correct aspect ratio and HD.

In going to the Xbox One menu and re-selecting HDMI a new resolution popped up - 640x480! I selected it just for kicks to see how it would look.  Needless to say most text on the system was basically unreadable at that resolution.  Killer Instinct looked ok but all in all I'm still going for LCD on this build.

It's a shame to hear you got rid of the MKX.  What are you working on these days?

MK3FAN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2015, 07:40:06 pm »

In going to the Xbox One menu and re-selecting HDMI a new resolution popped up - 640x480! I selected it just for kicks to see how it would look.  Needless to say most text on the system was basically unreadable at that resolution.  Killer Instinct looked ok but all in all I'm still going for LCD on this build.

It's a shame to hear you got rid of the MKX.  What are you working on these days?

I sold the MKX, MK9 and IGAU machines for $7500 to a collector in Michigan. Only custom cab I have left is my 'dedicated' multi-Street Fighter. Not working on anything at the moment. Just finished an NFL Blitz '99 and Q*Bert restorations.

voltz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2018, 01:17:59 am
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2015, 05:34:09 am »
Man I thought you really wanted to keep those games! 

Well... at least you got something to enjoy for awhile.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:35:46 am by voltz »
Moff's the Stuff!

MK3FAN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:29 am »
Man I thought you really wanted to keep those games! 

Well... at least you got something to enjoy for awhile.

I was the only one that played them. No lie. Not once, the entire time I had them, did any one play them but me. None of my friends are gamers and after a while, I realized that I wasn't as good at them as I am the original MKs, so I sold them to someone who could provide them with more appreciation than I could.

voltz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2018, 01:17:59 am
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2015, 08:56:34 am »
I think that's the one thing I can more then relate to cause I know as you get older, everyone tends to drift off as far as interests and shared hobbies are concerned.  Where I live there's supposed to have been a fight club and that somehow disintegrated the moment Keits moved down to Chicago for that silly Divekick game of his.  Some people are still trying to rekindle a bit of interest.

Well keep us posted on what your next projects are.  If you ever want to make another MK for yourself, I might have a fun idea or two.
Moff's the Stuff!

MK3FAN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2015, 10:03:37 am »
I think that's the one thing I can more then relate to cause I know as you get older, everyone tends to drift off as far as interests and shared hobbies are concerned.  Where I live there's supposed to have been a fight club and that somehow disintegrated the moment Keits moved down to Chicago for that silly Divekick game of his.  Some people are still trying to rekindle a bit of interest.

Well keep us posted on what your next projects are.  If you ever want to make another MK for yourself, I might have a fun idea or two.

Will do.

VividPsychosis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2019, 11:10:31 pm
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:25 pm »
Marquee and bezel plexiglass retainers should be white.

Hello, my name is Sean. I am an avid pin collector and Mortal Kombat fan. I saw this post and just loved what you did. Congrats. On to the purpose of this post.

I would like to commission you to make a Mortal Kombat 11 Arcade cabinet for me. You did such a fantastic job on the MKx one that you were the only one I knew to ask. I would love to talk to you about this, if possible. I would like Xbox one or ps4 pro, 2 player, 4k monitor and true mk arrangement on the buttons. I would pay for the parts and whatever agreed upon labor fees for creation.

I hope you actually see this.
Thanks!

-Sean

VividPsychosis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2019, 11:10:31 pm
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:22 pm »
Also, I already have a ps4 pro and Xbox one x I can send you with controllers

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
If MK3FAN is unavailable holler at me and I can get you squared away, in the process of building an mk11 cab as we speak.

It was suppose to be done by March 22nd, but the stinking beta dropped one week after the showcase.   43" 4k + 29" living marquee , xboxone x etc.

You won't need controllers unless you want to just want to hack, but there is a board that makes it easier.  The preferred method is a brooks fighting board.

My man is the originator, but not the only MK fan out there :)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2019, 04:51:47 pm »
rab97 made  great MK and KI cabs.  :applaud:
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.