Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RetroArcade Bartop Arcade Cabinets  (Read 9012 times)

RetroArcadePro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2018, 04:35:41 pm
  • Here for everything and anything arcades.
RetroArcade Bartop Arcade Cabinets
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:52:58 pm »
How's it going everyone? First off let me say sorry for the crappy pictures, I just wanted to get a few quick snaps to get this up for preorders. Waiting on the replenishment of some components and then I will complete a cabinet for display purposes/better pictures. All parts are made by me on a CNC router and laser engraver/cutter, I will make another thread to offer custom services for those that may need items made with these machines.

Best way to contact me is email to retroarcadepro@gmail.com.

Currently available for order, the RetroCade bartop CNC cut arcade cabinet. Features are as follows.

-Made from 1/2" melamine coated particle board, available in black or white. Slotted to accept t molding.
-Comes standard with 2 player CP made for Happ/IL components. Customization can be had for extra, IE pockets for other style sticks/buttons, extra CP with single player layout.
-Slotted speaker panel made to work perfect with 4" speakers
-Slotted rear panel door for ventilation and hole on back to allow easy gripping of door to remove
-Rear panel has cutout for electrical plug to allow quick and easy power disconnect....no need to run cords from the inside out.
-Comes standard with 3 button holes for each player below CP
-Vesa panel mount which excepts 75x75 or 100x100 patterns
-22" between side panels to allow for 23" monitors, some 24" may fit if they are slim bezel
-Slotted construction to allow easy assembly with glue only
-Acrylic bezel slot in side panels, no need to "smoosh" the acrylic between the monitor and panel pieces to keep it in place like others have you do.
-Bottom panel has access slots below CP batons, allows for easy access for those that wish to screw their CP in.

Price on the cabinet is $225 shipped in the US. With your purchase you get the following.
-All wood pieces to the cabinet in a "flat pack" for assembly
-Laser cut acrylic marquee and bezel
-T molding in your choice of black, white, red, blue, yellow
-Brackets/screws to mount your monitor panel to the sides
-4 vesa bolts to attach your monitor to the mounting piece
-Electrical plug for back piece(power cord splitter with spade connectors to attach to plug will be made available for an extra cost)
-L channel marquee retainer in your choice of black, white or clear
-Velcro strips which can be used to mount the back panel as well as the CP if that is how you wish to mount it.

Again, sorry for the ---smurfy--- pics, check back later in the week for updated ones.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:33:51 am by RetroArcadePro »

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
Re: RetroArcade Bartop Arcade Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:46:05 pm »
so pretty much weeweecade?

is the monitor plexi glass "black/smoked" or all clear? good looking out with slot for monitor plexi.

here is another idea.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:51:26 pm by SNAAKE »

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:22:29 pm »
Yes, this is based off the weecade. Kit comes with batons that go in the CP slot that you can either velcro to(velcro included) or screw the CP to(reason for the slots in the bottom so you can easily screw it in from underneath.

Here is a picture of one of my prototype units. They have around 3/4" stickout on the production ones.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:32:51 pm by RetroArcadePro »

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:35:11 pm »
Also, comes standard with clear acrylic. Since I make everything myself though I can easily work with the customer on customization =D

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 12:41:40 pm »
Cutting out a prototype 2 player neo geo inspired cabinet as I type this   ;D. Pictures to come lately if it works out and doesn't need anything but minor tweaks.

Edit**  Oops, cut it out using an old file with everything not sized. Had some other things to attend to so prototype will have to wait a bit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:57:56 pm by RetroArcadePro »

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:59:39 pm »
Special ended
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:55:15 am by RetroArcadePro »

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 12:33:08 am »
What is your favorite color? Mine is red  ;D, don't fancy red? Pick a different color.

(don't mind the tape, just mocking this one up so you guys get a better look at what it looks like more complete)

hmmmmmm options

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:34:50 am by RetroArcadePro »

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:35:44 am »
Orders placed have shipped!

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »
A little white goodness going to be going out to a customer.

Also, here is a side from the neo geo style prototype. Will be cutting another one here soon with sizing tweaks done.

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »
Coming fresh off the presses for Bobby, gonna nickname this one the ghost, going with white t molding to give it that ghastly look  :applaud:

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 02:26:02 am »
NeoGeo inspired two person cabinet prototype, a few minor tweaks and she will be ready to go. Don't mind the funky side panel, that is what happens when you accidentally add some paths to your cutout section of the code and don't realize it right away  :lol.

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 05:24:57 pm »
I have two weecade style in black that are cut and ready to be claimed. After those two are gone it will be on an as ordered basis so that I can keep arcade cabinets from piling up in my garage and have room for my other projects  8)

bsong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2018, 06:28:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 02:57:10 pm »
wanted to share this post of my build with RetroArcade's bartop kit.  This kit was super easy to put together being that it was my first time i asked alot of question but once i got going i really got going.

glueing the pieces together

standing up right

putting the plexiglass in there was a slight gap (which will close when you mount the monitor in with the included brackets)

mounted 22 inch LG monitor i bought off craigslist for 20 dollars and started to build the computer from the backside

just a quick test to see if all the computer parts were working.  As far as the computer parts I have the virtually the same build at home for another stand up build

which includes

Intel Core i3-4160 Haswell Dual Core 3.6Ghz
Cruicial Ballistix Sport 8 GB RAM
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 GB
MSI B85I MiniATX
Corsair CX 430 Power supply

other peripherals that aren’t necessary but are good to have is a Smart Strip 4941 Energy Saving Surge Protector and logitech wireless touch keyboard k400

for the pushbuttons i decided to stick to the best (IMHO) GroovyGameGear’s Electric Ice 2 with helio9 High Output RGB’s.  Also for the control panel you have to drill the 4 holes with the joystick,  I also got HAPP competition joysticks with black carriage bolts (10-24) which are black oxide not paint.  Also making sure you label the directions for the wiring

The kit also has 6 holes in the front for 3 additional buttons for each player which was perfect for me.  A total of 9 buttons per side within includes player 1 and 2 start a coin and 1 misc button in my build.

starting to put the CP together in the actually bartop itself i also decided to go with the ipac2 for the keyboard encoder as it was USB and just fit my overall build.  Also added the wood mounts on the side with velcro (very secure) for the CP to attach to the actually kit itself.

now that the controls were working it was time hook up all the LED’s to the board.  Again i went with GroovyGameGear’s LED WIZ.  2 boards would light up all 18 buttons.  I decided to use a terminal block to help organize the power and tap in to the molex connector on my power supply.  Luckily for me my power supply is modular so i didn’t have a bunch of wires sticking out

Just running a quick test to see if the LED’s were functioning and fully operational

Cleaning up some of the wiring and i can really see things start to shape up. 

For the speakers i decided just to go with plain USB speakers as they were loud enough.  Picked up these arctic speakers at amazing for 10 bucks not a bad deal plus they sound pretty good.  Attached them to the top with velcro so it was easily removed if i needed to make changes.  I personally haven’t done this yet but my suggestion would be to add some speaker mesh as it looks kinda funny if you look from the bottom up

With everything mounted in place it actually looks pretty awesome. Ended up painting the plexi glass to the monitor spec.  Really easy and great results.  Just a little bit of sand paper and flat spray paint.

From the back i added a arcade pushbutton to power on the arcade which is hooked up to a relay directly to the motherboard.  Also cut the wiring and soldered on the powers trip to the back of this connector

running a few games to make sure the software and hardware were running properly.  Using LED Blinky for the software led controller and hyperpsin for the front end.  Both of my favorites for arcades!

for the finishing touches ordered a marquee from gameongrphix and the marquee light from well you guessed it GroovyGameGear’s NovaMatrix Linx 2.  I mounted NovaMatrix with the double sided tape it came with and holds pretty tight

again added double sided tape to the included marquee retainers

all done,

overall this kit is perfect for anyone looking to add or even get started. although this isn’t the first machine i built, it was a bit tough for me as I didn’t know how small or big it was going to be but its a perfect size for a small build and the fact that he includes everything from mounting screws to the brackets to the t-molding you can’t beat this kit.  Really well made and easy assembly

RetroArcadePro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 08:51:45 pm »
Looks awesome man! Makes me want to actually finish building my personal one that I have just sitting in the garage haha.