Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CPS2 B Board Issues  (Read 1881 times)

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
CPS2 B Board Issues
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:33:01 pm »
Hoping someone can shed some light on this. I have an X-men vs Street Fighter CPS2 A-B board and for some reason I'm getting no video with my setup.
I changed the suicide batter about 6 months ago and it was working fine (although I didn't really play it much). I have a gonbes video converter and using an LCD screen, so same setup is being used.
I know there's been talk about these boards starting to die out and also read up a little bit of DarkSoft's CPS2 Multikit mod, which I'm not looking to do.
Hoping it's just something I'm missing since I just ordered some artwork for this board and was finally planning on building a dedicated cab for this.  :banghead:
I have tried other jamma boards with my setup and I had no issues. Here's some pics I took.

Thanks.    :cheers:
Mike

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: CPS2 B Board Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:26:20 pm »
sounds like a good reason to get the darksoft multi CPS2 addon
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 02:05:16 pm »
I have a board that has similar video output as that. I found out one of the matting connectors is ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- up. The female female connector had been damaged which in turn bent and ruined the pins on the mating male side. I didn't spot it at first because I was thinking the board committed suicide.

When I tried to fit another blue box on there, it wouldn't sit on the connector. That's when I pulled the whole damn thing apart and really looked at it. It's probably why the OP threw it in the box for free during a buy.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 10:13:50 pm »
Thanks for the tip SavannahLion it was worth a second look.
Checked all the pins on both sides and all were good. The blue screen flickers and then I get a "No Signal" message on my Gonbes video converter, then the blue screen appears again.
Next option is to get Phoenixed Roms to hopefully bring it back to life.
Isn't that always the way, finally decided to build a dedicated cab for this board.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:56:02 am by jmike »