Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ION Motherboard Bios  (Read 2836 times)

Dazzzzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 07:21:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
ION Motherboard Bios
« on: April 20, 2015, 11:17:55 am »
Hi guys,

i have picked up 2 asus a7n8x-la motherboards and one is from a Compaq Machine and the other a HP machine, now they are both working but the Bios screens on each are branded to the respective companies and i would like to update the Bios on each board to have them load up with the proper ION logo etc. and to match the setup defaults from the ION Bios.

Is it possible to get a Flash the ION bios onto these 2 motherboards? could i run into problems with motherboard revisions etc.?

I suppose if i cant flash the ION bios i would be able to at least extract the bios from each board and load the ION logo using a BIOS editor? then re-flash?

any help appreciated,

thanks,

Daz

mahkeymike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:06:46 pm
Re: ION Motherboard Bios
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:00:46 pm »
Theres a tool called "asus mylogo1/2/3" Not sure which one you would use with the a7n8x boards. Also since the consumer model is a7n8x-vm and you have -la (which is oem) its possible it might not work. I would suggest using one of the mobo's to install windows xp and see if you can install one of those asus mylogo versions and see if it will let you change the picture.