Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Setting up an ultimarc servostik with mala front end- it's this easy!  (Read 2802 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:37:29 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Just did the big trawl to find info. Found a post, which I cut and pasted into my own notes. Can't find the thread now, but here is the post if you want to run these sticks with this front end (",)

I dont know if this will help you or not, but this is all I did and it worked.. I bought the servo sticks before xmas and just last night got around to automating them..

-Installed JoyTray from Ultimarc site
-Downloaded JoyChoose plugin from Mala site, unziped to Mala Plugins folder
-In Mala config (Event Plugins tab) select Joychoose, click Configure
-Path to select boxes both should be path to Joytray (mine is c:\program files\joytray\joytray.exe)
-Arguments should be -servo joy8way & -servo joy4way

-In Mala config (Mame Config - Additional) I have my path to Controls.ini (Danny- didn't do this, or don't remember doing it this time around. works anyway!)

And that's it! Probably all you need to know in order to set up servostiks in mala!

Note: Another obscure bit of info is the fact that the servostik motors don't 'know' limits. If it draws too much current, ie: has moved all the way to one position or the other, then it stops. Why do you even need to know this? Well, if you don't attach the servo to the stick when testing, it is going to look like it stops at any old random position. But what it is actually doing is running for a pre-determined amount of time (seems to be about 1 second).

Edit: I've noticed that if the computer is re-started, the menu is frozen until you click with a mouse. Also you can see the windows logo in the bottom left corner! When you click, it unfreezes and the logo goes away. I used to be really anxious about this sort of stuff in the past, but if I never figure it out, I can live with it. I could always set up a macro thingy to press the mouse key on start up  ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:48:57 am by danny_galaga »

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981