Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: in store gaming demos  (Read 1835 times)

mmenard0313

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2017, 11:47:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
in store gaming demos
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:34:31 am »
I want to put my xbox1 in my sports arcade store but am unclear on where to get the demo controller adapters and demo games so customers cannot play story mode or abuse and steal the controllers.

Thanks for any help!

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: in store gaming demos
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:40:35 am »
Sports arcade store? Got any pics. Sounds cool.

mmenard0313

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:36 pm »
Not as of yet. I'm in the process of designing the store and finishing up the business plan.  :dizzy:

I want to have a television in the wall and then have the controllers come out, similar to at a Video Game store. I only want a few features in the game available though: Head to Head any team or online head to head. I don't know if that's possible though, prolly not.  :blah:

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »
 ???

Are you selling sports games?  Seems very niche.  I mean, I've always know people who preferred sports video games vs not playing video games at all.  But I didn't realize it would garner its own store.

Are you going to have a basket ball target game and a chexx hockey game too?

Not to make too many puns, but I'd like to hear the inside baseball on setting up an xbox1 for that.  Are you following Mutant League Football? 

mmenard0313

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 04:59:16 pm »
???

Are you selling sports games?  Seems very niche.  I mean, I've always know people who preferred sports video games vs not playing video games at all.  But I didn't realize it would garner its own store.

Not to make too many puns, but I'd like to hear the inside baseball on setting up an xbox1 for that.  Are you following Mutant League Football?

I have no idea about most of things you just said, lol. But no, it wouldn't be used as a channel for income but a channel for marketing. In other words, it would be to get more people in the area, to raise awareness of the company.

Generic Eric

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 05:20:01 pm »
???

I have no idea about most of things you just said, lol. But no, it wouldn't be used as a channel for income but a channel for marketing. In other words, it would be to get more people in the area, to raise awareness of the company.

Chexx Bubble Hockey:

Arcade Basketball:

Mutant League Football:

So um...
Good luck anyways.  What are you selling again? What are you doing?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 03:49:25 am »
Sounds like a good pipe dream, in a market that is still struggling to be profitable.  Memories are short. 

You would be better off opening a pizza joint with a few old cabs in it.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

mmenard0313

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 01:34:41 pm »
???

Chexx Bubble Hockey:

Arcade Basketball:

Mutant League Football:

So um...
Good luck anyways.  What are you selling again? What are you doing?

The plan is life sized sports arcade in a mall with 6 or 7 other revenue streams. Having a video game in there to play for free was just marketing to get a specific demo in the store.

Generic Eric

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:31:56 pm »
The plan is life sized sports arcade in a mall with 6 or 7 other revenue streams. Having a video game in there to play for free was just marketing to get a specific demo in the store.

:banghead:  Sorry dude.  For whatever reason, I'm not picking up what you are putting down.   :dizzy: 

Best of luck. 
 :cheers:

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:27 pm »
You mean like one of those indoor batting cages or some such?

Nothing against you or your idea. It's really that malls are a dying breed. As much as I enjoyed them in my youth, they're a component of American life I likely won't miss. More than half of the ones from my youth have now been razed into empty lots and the surviving stores target "upper middle class" or higher. The domain of bored semi-wealthy housewives competing in the rat race and their bored idiot teenagers out on a date.

Wluldn't someone rather hit up the dedicated sports places or even the indoor arenas popping up in the industrial areas. Generally better choices, smaller crowds (most of the time) and they don't need to walk 40 miles back to the car at the end of the day.

I don't mean to sound cynical, I just have a tough time figuring out what it is that you've got going here.

On an aside.... Xbox? Why not a 360 or One? Old consoles in store displays don't seem to me a customer grabber.... In fact it seems rather.... old. Like what you'd expect to find in an existing store, not a newly opened store.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:23:57 pm by SavannahLion »

mmenard0313

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 01:26:18 pm »
I'm okay w constructive criticism.  Thanks for commenting. 

I guess the reason for it to be in a mall,  with my reasoning, is that it becomes a secondary location that reaches a higher demographic (drifters to other stores/food). Although I agree w you that they are in a decline,  to have a alternative service business,  I need the initial demographic (interested in whats being offered) and the secondary demo (ones that pass by walking to something else) to make more,  not just revenue,  but income.

In the city where I am,  there are two/three nice outdoor malls but they are spread out and always over populated.  Where the three indoor malls,  one is closing because it is in a bad area,  but the other two are still booming.  I worked in one of them at a FinishLine and we were,  always, busy esp during the weekend.