Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JPAC not working correctly with windows 10  (Read 641 times)

Pat Fenstalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2023, 11:41:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JPAC not working correctly with windows 10
« on: February 23, 2023, 10:34:42 pm »
Hello, I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question.  I didnt see any other forum section that looked correct.

I am having a problem with my JPAC in windows 10.  This board was purchased last year, but I unfortunately do not have the exact model name.  When plugging the board into my computer via USB (no extensions or hubs) it is being installed by windows as an Xbox 360 controller.  It is also not being seen in the I-PAC software.  I have attempted to uninstall the xbox drivers, unistalled all usb devices that are not root hubs or controllers, and uninstalled the keyboard drivers.  I am using the JPAC to connect my Dance Dance Revolution pads to my computer.  The pad presses are being recognized inside of Stepmania, but button combinations are not working.  Right and left arrow combinations are being input as left and down, and up and down combinations cancel each other out.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue or has any suggestions.  Thank you for your time.

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 04:00:11 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
Re: JPAC not working correctly with windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 09:39:41 pm »
Knowing which version you have is important to make sure you're using the right software. Did you buy it new from Ultimarc?

It sounds like your board is in Gamepad mode. If you want it to work as keyboard, you need to use the winipac software to switch it back to keyboard mode.

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JPAC not working correctly with windows 10
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 02:51:01 pm »
You should be able to regain control by holding down player 1 button 1 and powering on the JPAC.. So, hold down whatever key/button is attached to player one, switch 1, then unplug the USB cable from the JPAC and wait a bit, plug it back in.. Once you do that, in a perfect world, you can then go into the JPac software and it will be recognized and you can program it or do whatever.

Best of Luck,

Zeosstud