Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone liking Raspberry Pi running RetroPie for older console and MAME?  (Read 21750 times)

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
As I am constantly trying to find ways to make cabinets smaller, lighter, and more affordable overall I recently took a stab in purchasing  the Raspberry Pi version B+ 512 with 8gb micro SD.  My goal here is to run a VERY BASIC setup using the RetroPie (Emulation Station) front end with the ability to play older consoles and games  (Atari, NES, Genesis, and some MAME).  I don't need this to play anything more recent such as Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. so I thought this may be a viable option as I don't plan on overclocking or taxing the computer.

I've read the pros and cons within a couple of threads posted in the forums.  I'm not trying to start a debate on what would be a better option but wondering more about people that are using this for a basic set up and getting some feedback?  I've installed some NES roms and they seem to be running just fine.  I still am having problems with some basic things regarding roms and settings but I think I just need to keep reading and learning.  I actually don't want to run off a game controller as I would be using keyboard inputs running through a couple KADE devices for a 2 player 6 button arcade set up.

In any event, if anyone would like to share their experiences on running something similar I would really appreciate it and would like to ask a couple questions if possible?  Thanks!
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Anyone liking Raspberry Pi running RetroPie for older console and MAME?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:46 am »
You might try PMing 2084 - He has built several wall hanging systems that use the Rpi so would probably be able to assist Here is the thread on his builds ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,141265.msg1461909.html#msg1461909 )

Also Vigo brought your name in an artwork thread the other day so you might want to take a look at it - ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143434.0.html ) - concerning getting a few decals printed. :cheers:

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:15:30 pm »
You might try PMing 2084 - He has built several wall hanging systems that use the Rpi so would probably be able to assist Here is the thread on his builds ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,141265.msg1461909.html#msg1461909 )

Also Vigo brought your name in an artwork thread the other day so you might want to take a look at it - ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143434.0.html ) - concerning getting a few decals printed. :cheers:

That's great. Thanks so much on both accounts!
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:08:12 pm »
I just picked up the same model myself and futzed with it, but I'm not sure I'm going to use it for anything. I was thinking about using it in my standalone barstick, but I didn't like how it looked on my HDTV (ratios are all wrong). I have a VGA adapter and might try it on a 4:3 monitor, but well see. Like JDFan pointed out, 2084 runs them, but I think he does them in dedicated system running 1 game, which is probably the best way to do it, since I hate the look of Linux when you exit out of a game. Too bad, too, because the Emulation Station interface is nice and clean compared to PiPlay. But I think it'll stick to ATOM boards for smaller multigame projects.

Elvis also used one in his Moon Patrol project.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »
I'm hoping I can maybe just use it for a classic NES cab or similar then.  I love how small and quiet (and affordable) it is.  Maybe I can find someone that had a preloaded SD card with everything running so I could give it a test drive before putting too much effort into something that will ultimately fall short of the main goal.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:24:05 pm by stpcore »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:18:40 pm »
I'm hoping I can maybe just use it for a classic NES cab or similar then.  I love how small and quite (and affordable) it is.  Maybe I can find someone that had a preloaded SD card with everything running so I could give it a test drive before putting too much effort into something that will ultimately fall short of the main goal.

I'm going to try it as a 2600 encoder. Since I hacked my Wii, I can run all my NES and SNES games there now. I can test some NES stuff and let you know how it works.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 03:25:35 pm »
That's great.  I successfully throw some roms in the folder and it seemed to work well with RetroPie.  I really don't know the designated keyboard inputs for NES on there so it was kind of hard to test fully.  Again, I did all this quickly and didn't take the proper amount of time to read every single step so I'm sure I missed something.

matsadona

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 08:42:10 am »
I will follow this discussion, since I am just about to do the same. Got a Pi last week, and have just tried a couple of retro gaming images but haven't decided which track to chose.
By the way, what is the current MAME versions? Not sure what ROM set to use.

Is there any alternative with native resolutions via the Composite video output?
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 09:34:30 am »
Been messing with PiPlay. Ugh. I think the distro is broken. The interface isn't all that great, either.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 09:41:12 am »
I will follow this discussion, since I am just about to do the same. Got a Pi last week, and have just tried a couple of retro gaming images but haven't decided which track to chose.
By the way, what is the current MAME versions? Not sure what ROM set to use.

Is there any alternative with native resolutions via the Composite video output?

I think mame4all is the designated emulator for RetroPie and it uses the 0.37b5 rom set.  I will try to tinker with this again this weekend.

I was able to get some NES roms to load and play fine from the NES rom folder so that's encouraging.  I would like to also add some NEO GEO and some MAME.  I'm not used to LINUX and the fact that you have to type what seems like endless lines of code in order to make very basic changes to the emulator.  I'm not sure I have the time or patience to set everything up properly as it seems a little beyond my comprehension.  What I am wondering though is if I take the time to set up everything the way I like it would I be able to simply copy my SD card and load into another fresh RaspberryPi to give to a family member or am I going through this elaborate setup every single time?

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 07:26:06 am
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 10:46:37 am »
I'm using the moebius linux command-line only distro with RPI.
using SSH and FTP to install the binaries of various emulators from the retropie site.

mame4droid is the fastest.
advanced mame .106 has the most roms & cool scanline effects.

retroarch mame .7something looks to be a happy medium with more roms than .37b & some shader capability but I havn't gotten around to playing with it yet.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:13:58 am »
using SSH and FTP to install the binaries of various emulators from the retropie site.

retroarch mame .7something looks to be a happy medium with more roms than .37b & some shader capability but I havn't gotten around to playing with it yet.

Do us an awesome writeup once you're all done, will ya?  :cheers:

matsadona

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 02:21:14 pm »
I have tried Raspicade, that has Emulationsstation 1 & 2 frontends, and Pimenu. Mame4all, GBA, NES, SNES, Vectrex & NeoGeo.
It is very convenient to update since there is a pre-configured Samba service sharing all the needed ROM folders on the network.
And the config files are easily edited remotely via SSH (Putty).
NES and SNES fired up without problems with my ROMs... Haven't found any ROMs yet for MAME (the preinstalled are working fine).
Can't find out how to play NeoGeo yet though.

Just downloaded PiPlay 08, beta 7 - but haven't tested it yet.
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:44 am »

Do us an awesome writeup once you're all done, will ya?  :cheers:

I actually followed this guide here:
http://devtidbits.com/2012/11/26/mame-arcade-game-fun-with-a-raspberry-pi/

then, downloaded mame4allpi here:
https://code.google.com/p/mame4all-pi/

and installed that using the instructions in the download.
Which is basically copying the pre-compiled mame program plus directory structure somewhere & setting the rights on the folders.

so right now I boot to advanced menu and have both versions of mame set up as emulators so far.

The issues i've seen with advanced mame is for example gyruss is slow motion but mame4allpi is fullspeed.

I have not put retroarch on yet.
but there is a script here that will download the sources and compile for you.
that'll take about a day. LOL!

http://blog.petrockblock.com/2012/07/22/retropie-setup-an-initialization-script-for-retroarch-on-the-raspberry-pi/

If I tossed retroarch on it this weekend would anyone want the image file (minus roms and artwork with the partition shrunk down of course)?
This is a barebones nothing fancy, never plan to update once it's being used install with zero graphic environment. (think DOS).
i'm not even 100% sure gamepads or joysticks work because I have just been testing with the keyboard & planned to use a KADE as my interface.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:22 am »
I would be VERY interested.  I would even be willing to trade you some printed artwork for your time.  I will also be using a KADE device on mine so I don't care about joystick configuration.  PM me if you get a chance

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:30 pm »
I would be VERY interested.  I would even be willing to trade you some printed artwork for your time.  I will also be using a KADE device on mine so I don't care about joystick configuration.  PM me if you get a chance

I'll try to run the retroarch script tonight.
last time I did that it litterally took 24hrs.

But, my RPI is overclocked to 1ghz now so maybe an hr less.  HA!

The reason for the kade is mame4all has a limitation where the mouse is disabled if a gamepad is plugged in.
since I wanted to use one of those 2 1/2" glowing mouse based trackballs for centipede/millipede ect. with a mouse interface that would of been an issue.
Advmame works ok but is slower for some games I like so i'd end up playing trackball games on advmame & joystick games on mame4all.
so the workaround to using one emulator is to use the GPIO pins for the joystick or a keyboard encoder.

I picked up some cheap kade devices so I thought i'd go that route.

retroarch may end up being the happy medium with speed and controls & scanline shader though.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 01:00:35 pm »
Sounds like a plan as I would like to use a trackball as well as joystick and buttons so I'm in the same boat. Please let me know what you think and if I can help.

I had no prior knowledge of working with the Raspberry Pi as I just bought the pi and followed an online tutorial to get Retropie installed and then placed some NES roms in the rom folder and it seemed to work. I would like to now add some MAME roms and maybe some Genesis but that would be it as I don't want to overclock if I don't have to.

I would like to create a SD card with those emulators/roms working with my KADE so that I can make a second machine and simply copy the SD card for my brother without starting everything from scratch (if that makes sense)?

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
Makes perfect sense.
I backed my sdcard up so i could restore it just in case.

I also have the FTP server installed on the RPI.
Makes it super easy to upload files & create directories remotely from my desktop.
You can also copy & paste text between the PC & SSH terminal window which speeds up command running.

jeepville2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2015, 10:32:34 pm
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 03:29:34 pm »
There is also RetroBoxOS for the Raspberry Pi:  http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=96516&sid=af2e89ade2f3f0e028dfa51dbee0b0c2.  It's easy to set up and supports 14 emulated game systems. It's based on Emulation Station. It does support USB game controllers of all kinds. Not sure if it supports keyboard encoders like the ipac or kade.  I've posted this question in the Raspberry pi RetroBox thread.
It does run very well for NES, most SNES games, Genesis, TG16 and a few MAME games I tried. I'm hoping it already works with the ipac, or that support will be added in the future.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »
There is also RetroBoxOS for the Raspberry Pi:  http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=96516&sid=af2e89ade2f3f0e028dfa51dbee0b0c2.  It's easy to set up and supports 14 emulated game systems. It's based on Emulation Station. It does support USB game controllers of all kinds. Not sure if it supports keyboard encoders like the ipac or kade.  I've posted this question in the Raspberry pi RetroBox thread.
It does run very well for NES, most SNES games, Genesis, TG16 and a few MAME games I tried. I'm hoping it already works with the ipac, or that support will be added in the future.

If you find the answer please check back in.  Thanks!

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 04:29:52 pm »
retroboxos says it uses Libretro cores.
I know the mame core uses standard mame keyboard inputs.
Don't know about the other cores.

Edit.
Can't compile anything due to no Dev environment installed.
Even if I could the script installs imame4all which is the same as mame4droid ROM version wise.

So I choose to just clear off my Roms and snaps and make an image of my card before I attempt to shrink the partition to make an image that isn't gigantic.

That retroboxos looks nice but I can't get it to work with my only free SD card.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:05:44 am by nitrogen_widget »

jeepville2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2015, 10:32:34 pm
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 10:32:34 pm »
I wired up a test control panel to the ipac and it works with RetroBoxOS on my set up with the "default" input config. This should already be selected after you install on the Pi with a USB keyboard connected.  Navigation in the front end and game launching works 100% using the easy button mapping options in the main menu.  I also have a generic Logitech USB game pad connected that I used before I connected the ipac control panel with buttons.
I need to remap some of the buttons inside the individual emulators for the ipac. It seems start, coin and the "hotkey" for RetroBoxOS are tied to my USB gamepad rather than the ipac.  I'm really hoping this could be a cheap and easy "turn-key" combo for my arcade cabinet.

MrDetermination

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 09:41:03 am
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
Some misunderstanding in this thread.  First, someone said they "don't like the way linux looks".  Linux at its core is just a command line.  There are a lot of desktop environments that sit on top of Linux.  Each of those DEs have skins.  The options here are effectively limitless.  Retropie comes with LXDE desktop environment.

Aspect ratios are configurable.  My emulators all start up letterboxed (on the sides) 4:3.  Just go in to the UI and select settings -> Video -> Aspect ratio -> Core provided.   Save changes.   You can also do this in the config files if you prefer.

Also, you shouldn't be having to type endless lines of code to do things.  Maybe a handful of configs to get you going but then you should be able to save changes via the UIs for the emulators and they should stick from session to session.

NeoGeo needs a bios file in the directory with the roms.

Okay, I have been tinkering with Linux and BSD for years so I have a jump here.  But I still run Windows on most of my daily work machines... I'm not a Linux defender.  My first arcade project was a Porta Pi (just a few weeks ago).  You can download his image here if you prefer: http://www.retrobuiltgames.com/porta-pi-arcade-help/porta-pi-software-os-download/

It already has all the major emulators loaded.  If you follow his wiring diagrams from his Porta PI assembly manual then most everything will already be bound correctly in the emulators for you.

NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA all run flawlessly for me.  0.375b roms have some quirks but a lot of the legacy stuff runs just fine.  Several games have audio issues though, some minor.  Some major.  My main complaint at the moment is I can't hide MAME games from the UI.  Everything else I have sussed out.  Took some tweaking here and there but like anything, make a punch list and work through it a quirk at a time.

elPaulio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2016, 01:36:24 pm
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:25 am »
Ive built a bartop that runs on a Pi
Ive attahced two pics from half way through the build

The biggest pain by far for me, was getting the thing working 100%
I started off with PiPlay, which is a great piece of software... but then moved onto RetroArch/Retropie based setup.
Retropie just looks better in my opinion

A quick rundown....

At the top we have two speakers, nothing special about them
There is also a 6W lamp behind those. This runs on normal 240V.... whcih I could have changed... see next point!
The blue thing in the middle, is a 12V LED driver. This is only powering my illuminated buttons at the moment. It could power the lamp at back of the cab, but I already had that lying around and id need to find a 12V input lamp instead.
At the bottom left, we have a 4 way, with USB power block.
Middle/Top right is the Pi itself
Bottom right hand side, is the speaker amp

Whats not in the pic, is a 15" laptop TFT screen
This is controlled by a controller I found on ebay which is specific for the TFT's model. I mounted that on the left hand side, much like the Pi as its a smallish board

The buttons are not wired up in these pictures either, so you dont really get an appreciation for how much wiring is in the finished project.
I'll post more soon

mvolke1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2020, 09:48:24 am
    • My Pi-Powered Galaga-Thmed Bartop
I'm with stupid.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 02:53:04 pm »
Portable-Mame Pi FTW.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:09:19 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 03:15:00 pm »
I've got a 15 year old computer running DOS that's finally taken a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- so I'm replacing it with the Pi.  It ran AdvanceMenu with a layout I worked up that had games at the top and a demo movie at the bottom.  Couple of minutes of inactivity would kick it to showing the demos full screen.  Eerily like the 60 in 1s and it predated those boards by years....

Anyway, it'd be nice to see some vertical setups people have going with these things.....

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 06:50:38 pm »
RPI 1 256MB.
diet Pi with retropie script.
Attract Mode front end.
Layout courtesy of OMEGAMAN on the attract mode forum.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:59:06 pm by nitrogen_widget »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:37 pm »
Mother of God.  Can you shut the pi off with a toggle switch without corrupting anything?

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 08:06:59 pm »
PBJ, much like your desktop comp, the answer is no.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:13 pm »
Mother of God.  Can you shut the pi off with a toggle switch without corrupting anything?

no.
But I should be able to set up a 2nd emulator to run shutdown & reboot scripts.
Then you can hit the toggle switch.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 08:45:48 pm »
We need that front end combined with the720k's stability. What's a good place to learn more about your setup?

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »
We need that front end combined with the720k's stability. What's a good place to learn more about your setup?

I agree.
That would be nice.

My setup is the distro DietPI.
http://fuzon.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

With the retro pi script installed & mame4all plus shared folders enabled.

I then compiled rpi sfml & attract mode using the instructions on the github site.
https://github.com/mickelson

The reason I went with Diet Pi distoro is because it boots into Xwindows using very little resources.
Attract mode needs X.

There are other ways you can shutdown the RPI with scripts & buttons controlled via the GPIO and I may end up going that route.

Right now I have a script that shuts it down when I execute it & i just need to figure out how to call it from attract mode.
I found a post on the RPI forums that tells you how to call a similiar script from advmenu so i'll try that method this weekend.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Portable-Mame Pi FTW.

I played that last night.  It has several awesome things going for it.  Boots very quickly, games load very snappy.  There's a few knocks:

Text Menu with no screen saver
Complete ROM set has a lot of non-working games and clones nobody cares about
If you try to load a non-working game, you're stuck at a loading screen with no way to get out
The Space Invader image flickers horribly on composite output - which is a darn shame because I was quite impressed at the composite image quality otherwise
Had a lot of slowdown during Metal Slug 2 which kind of surprised me

:cheers:

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Portable-Mame Pi FTW.

I played that last night.  It has several awesome things going for it.  Boots very quickly, games load very snappy.  There's a few knocks:

Text Menu with no screen saver
Complete ROM set has a lot of non-working games and clones nobody cares about
If you try to load a non-working game, you're stuck at a loading screen with no way to get out
The Space Invader image flickers horribly on composite output - which is a darn shame because I was quite impressed at the composite image quality otherwise
Had a lot of slowdown during Metal Slug 2 which kind of surprised me

:cheers:

I hear you. I loaded the SD card up in Ubuntu, removed all the roms, added the ones I wanted, tested them out to make sure they worked (removing the ones that didn't), and all was good. I'm with you , though - I love the fact that the systems and roms boot quickly and that there is no Linux garbage anywhere to be seen when exiting and loading games.

I'm not a fan of text menus, personally, but this one works so that's good, and it looks a million times better than PiPlay. My next step is to tweak the background images.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
My dunce cap is on extra tight today, and I can't google anything about this front end, but where the heck are the options hidden?  I'd like to toss the menu into vertical mode if I could.

The composite flickers really bad on the images with the fake scan lines.  It'd be nice to do away with those, too....

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
My dunce cap is on extra tight today, and I can't google anything about this front end, but where the heck are the options hidden?  I'd like to toss the menu into vertical mode if I could.

The composite flickers really bad on the images with the fake scan lines.  It'd be nice to do away with those, too....

You gotta do all that magic Linux mojo to get it working. I don't screw with the setup.

You could PM the720k and see what he knows.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
If you get into config.txt in the boot folder and rotate the display... it kinda works.  The games don't fill the screen and the performance is horrible.  If you rotate the display in the MAME options everything looks and plays fine.  Except for the menu.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.

The reason I went with Diet Pi distoro is because it boots into Xwindows using very little resources.
Attract mode needs X.

There are other ways you can shutdown the RPI with scripts & buttons controlled via the GPIO and I may end up going that route.

Right now I have a script that shuts it down when I execute it & i just need to figure out how to call it from attract mode.
I found a post on the RPI forums that tells you how to call a similiar script from advmenu so i'll try that method this weekend.

Did you ever get a chance to try this out?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:35:16 pm by Locke141 »

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline

Attract mode needs X.

Did you ever get a chance to try this out?

I found & installed a GPIO app that is modified from the adafruit retorcade app for the larger GPIO.
It does 2 joysticks with 6 buttons each & a shut down button.
I tested the shutdown last night & it worked perfectly.
I also compiled the latest version of attractmode.

Now I just need to get the GPIO app to run at boot.
Need to get Attract mode to run at boot.
I just need to look some things up for that not hard at all.

Need to shrink the partition on my 16gb card
need to write an image of the card.
need to upload it to drop box.
Then i'll make a link available.

I have my kids tonight so might be able to get some of that done after they goto bed.
It takes so long to do all that stuff on an SD card though.