Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nicktoons Racing Loader (Very Work In Progress)  (Read 8333 times)

SegaOutrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
Nicktoons Racing Loader (Very Work In Progress)
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:24 pm »
This should make Le Chuck very happy.

A "working" dump of nicktoons racing has been released. The "working" in qoutations is becuase this needs a few steps and programs to get it working. You will need to create a vitual joystick with 4 axis and 4 buttons for this to work. and if you want it to work with your xbox controller, you will also need glovepie. I have win 8.1 64 bit which hates ppjoy and so i could not get this to work even in testmode. hopefully a better solution will come out.

copy and pasting the instruction included in the dump.

Nicktoons Racing with 360 Controller Support Instructions

Install PPJoy: http://ppjoy.en.malavida.com/
On WIndows 8 you will have to turn test mode on for PPjoy to work.

Set PPjoy to have 4 analogs and 4 buttons. (see included screenshots)

Unzip GlovePie
Open GlovePie then open Nicktoons Racer.PIE
This is what converts the Xbox 360 inputs to PPjoys virtual joystick.

Make sure COM1 is free or emulated with a null-modem like Virtual Serial Port Driver

Unzip the Nicktoons Racing folder to any directory.
DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE FILES OTHER THAN THE ONES IN
Nicktoons Racing\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NickToons Racing

Set compatability mode to XP SP3 and Run as Admin: toonsDX7_nocoin_nodongle.exe

Once in game hit F1, this is the setup.

Turn on Free Play

Xbox 360 Controls are:
Right Trigger: Gas/Forward
Left Trigger: Brake
A: Boost
B: Item
X: Jump
Y: Horn

Calibrate the Steering, Gas, Brake, and Forawd/Rev. with the respected buttons.

The forward/rev is mapped to the gas pedal. Since the game sees the F/R stick as an analogue stick that locks itself into place,
the only way to trick the game into thinking it had one was to always have it going forward when you hit the gas.

Hit OK and you should be good to go!

NOTE: you need to open Nicktoons Racing\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NickToons Racing\toonsDX7_nocoin_nodongle.exe, not the one is the main directory to run the game. The instructions do not make that 100% clear.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Nicktoons Racing Loader (Very Work In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »
I wonder if anyone's working on any loaders for any of the Raw Thrills games? They've got all the sorts of games in the arcade I want to be playing at home, whilst at home we're stuck with the same old derivative COD and Need for Speed bollocks. I'd happily pay full price for conversions of H2Overdrive and Aliens Extermination on either my PC or PS3... but it ain't going to happen in a million years, so looks like a loader's going to be the only way...

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 12:07:49 am »
I'm not sure why this is a big deal, there is a PC version of this already that works on modern systems.  This is the same one I've had running for ages (unless it's different than what is shown in the youtube video).  The only difference is this one looks like it needs a work around for the controls and the PC version you can just set them in the menu.  Unless there is something I'm missing I'd just go with the PC version which can be had on Amazon for about $12. 

The one I really want is the one with Jimmy Neutron.  Nicktoons Nitro.  The courses are much better and the play is more similar to Sega Allstars (graphics not nearly as good tho).  I was never able to get Nicktoons Winner Cup Racing to work but I read it was worse than NickToons Racing. 

I tell ya what I really want is an Analog fix for Midway Classics Offroad Thunder.  That game is stupid fun on PC but falls apart under analog controls even tho the stupid menu accepts them it just does a ---smurfy--- digital translation and makes the game all but unplayable on a wheel. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:09:51 am by Le Chuck »

Jitterdoomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2023, 06:37:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Personal Twitter Page
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 01:19:37 pm »
Isn't this game also had a home port for PSX and PC? If so, I would buy the PC version of this game on Ebay than going around with those PPJoy settings that's going to risk of breaking my computer while putting it on Test Mode. I'm waiting to see more Global VR, Konami PC, and Raw Thrills dumps so that I can play it on my PC.
For amusement only.

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:42 am »
Le Chuck:  Isn't there a Dreamcast version of Offroad Thunder which worked with the Dreamcast analog stick? If so, shouldn't that be translatable to a PC steering wheel via an emulator?

Hmmm, my mistake, apparently I'm thinking of 4 wheel thunder...  But a google search does show this came out for PS2/Gamecube (and xbox) so are any of those playable analog wise via an emulator?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:07:19 pm »
Hmmm, my mistake, apparently I'm thinking of 4 wheel thunder...  But a google search does show this came out for PS2/Gamecube (and xbox) so are any of those playable analog wise via an emulator?

It's on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 which works well on Dolphin.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:23:46 am »

It's on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 which works well on Dolphin.

Just a heads up that in Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for PC the controls aren't analog.
It will let you map a wheel or analog joystick just fine, but the vehicle reacts no differently than it does to key presses.
It's either all on or all off.  How far you turn the wheel makes no difference.  :'(

Most of the games in Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (APB, Hard Drivin' IIRC) do have analog controls and are included in MAT3 Deluxe, but all the new ones added for 3 work the way I described above.  It sucks because they're all driving games.

mickster150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2019, 04:59:34 pm
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 04:08:14 pm »
Where can I find this.  I have a broken nicktoons racing arcade game and also don't have the restore disk.  I do have the computer and security dongle, so I don't even need the software cracked.  I just need the software period.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

This should make Le Chuck very happy.

A "working" dump of nicktoons racing has been released. The "working" in qoutations is becuase this needs a few steps and programs to get it working. You will need to create a vitual joystick with 4 axis and 4 buttons for this to work. and if you want it to work with your xbox controller, you will also need glovepie. I have win 8.1 64 bit which hates ppjoy and so i could not get this to work even in testmode. hopefully a better solution will come out.

copy and pasting the instruction included in the dump.

Nicktoons Racing with 360 Controller Support Instructions

Install PPJoy: http://ppjoy.en.malavida.com/
On WIndows 8 you will have to turn test mode on for PPjoy to work.

Set PPjoy to have 4 analogs and 4 buttons. (see included screenshots)

Unzip GlovePie
Open GlovePie then open Nicktoons Racer.PIE
This is what converts the Xbox 360 inputs to PPjoys virtual joystick.

Make sure COM1 is free or emulated with a null-modem like Virtual Serial Port Driver

Unzip the Nicktoons Racing folder to any directory.
DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE FILES OTHER THAN THE ONES IN
Nicktoons Racing\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NickToons Racing

Set compatability mode to XP SP3 and Run as Admin: toonsDX7_nocoin_nodongle.exe

Once in game hit F1, this is the setup.

Turn on Free Play

Xbox 360 Controls are:
Right Trigger: Gas/Forward
Left Trigger: Brake
A: Boost
B: Item
X: Jump
Y: Horn

Calibrate the Steering, Gas, Brake, and Forawd/Rev. with the respected buttons.

The forward/rev is mapped to the gas pedal. Since the game sees the F/R stick as an analogue stick that locks itself into place,
the only way to trick the game into thinking it had one was to always have it going forward when you hit the gas.

Hit OK and you should be good to go!

NOTE: you need to open Nicktoons Racing\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NickToons Racing\toonsDX7_nocoin_nodongle.exe, not the one is the main directory to run the game. The instructions do not make that 100% clear.

imrangelica

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2020, 11:41:29 am
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 11:50:34 pm »
Mickster. I can help. Or I can buy yours if you still have it.

Call me at 512 808 0512

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

spozgar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2020, 10:56:13 am
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 10:56:13 am »
Any chance the restore CD for Nicktoons Racing is still out there. Have 2 full cabinets with wasted hard drives but good dongles and computers. Just need the software to restore them back to working condition.

elderjag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2021, 02:02:52 pm
  • I want to maintain my own arcade games!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 02:15:36 pm »
I am looking for a nicktoons dongle.  anyone here know where i can find one for sale?