Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't get AVRES utility to load - any help?  (Read 2325 times)

BMOC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2015, 08:08:38 am
Can't get AVRES utility to load - any help?
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:01:03 am »
Hey guys,

I've just got my cab pretty much finished and I am trying to configure mame to run games at correct resolution on my arcade monitor using an arcadevga5000

I have followed all the instructions on the ultimarc website, but when I try and run the AVRES utility I get the following error which I have no idea how to fix:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Has anyone encountered this?  Is there another good way to set the resolutions for each game?  I don't mind doing it manually, I don't plan to install thousands of games, but I just have no idea how to do it.

Additional info:  Windows 7 64bit, Mame64 and Mala FE

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

Here's my cab that I've just built from scratch, please help me make it work  :(

BMOC

• Offline Offline
Re: Can't get AVRES utility to load - any help?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 05:32:05 pm »
I did end up fixing this when I finally came across a forum post with the correct instructions.

Cheers.

BMOC

• Offline Offline
Re: Can't get AVRES utility to load - any help?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:48 pm »
Ok so I got the utility running, and it created all the ini files, but it doesn't seem like it's actually using the information in them.  I can change the resolution in an ini file for a particular game and it still looks exactly the same when I run it.  The folder the ini files are stored in is called ".;ini".  Is that right??

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!