Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ami Continental 2 replica build  (Read 5453 times)

willie50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 01:28:49 pm
  • I want to build my own Ami Continental!
Ami Continental 2 replica build
« on: August 24, 2017, 04:49:28 pm »
I wonder if anyone can help me source the Mural and Dome for the Ami Continental 2 replica jukebox. I also wonder if anyone knows the size of the hole to be cut for the Dome as my plans do not say what size it is. I forgot to mention that I am in the UK. Keith
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:07:48 pm by willie50 »

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Ami Continental 2 replica build
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 05:08:54 am »
Hello Keith,

You can purchase the Dome and Mural from the author of the CD/DVD.
It is best to wait for the dome before cutting out the hole, some people have told me that the measurement in the instructions is a too large.

Always use the original Rowe Ami amplifier, cross overs and speakers.
If you are using a hideway as a donor jukebox we can supply you with the correct speakers and cross overs to suit your amplifier and supply you will plugs, sockets and made up looms.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:19:42 pm »
Hi Alan, I had my plans as a download over two years ago but have only just got around to building the replica. So I don't have any contacts for the mural or dome, I'm sure I was told once upon a time where to get them but think the information was on one of my old phones. I have a Rowe Ami R88 jukebox which I have become slightly fond of and thats why I'm only just getting around to building the replica, unless I find a suitable hideaway in the mean time. Out of curiosity how much do you charge for the speakers cross overs etc

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:11:23 am »
Hi Keith,

I would need more information such as the model number of your amplifier and if you have output package.

You can send me pictures of your parts if it helps to my email address, send me a PM and I will reply to it with the details.

Here is a link to the seller of the CD/DVD on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Step-By-Step-Plans-build-an-Ami-Continental-Jukebox-Wurlitzer-Era-Jukebox-/222652671386?hash=item33d722259a:m:m9kb94h2Ten4H56Zn9N-fAQ

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »
Thanks for info Alan at the moment still using my Ami R88 as have not found a suitable hideaway. I do have another query however, have you any idea the difference between Plastikote manhattan mist and Rust-Oleum pebble. I was told by the staff at B & Q that Rust-Oleum had taken over Plastikote and that these two paints were the same but I am beginning to doubt this as I see PlastiKote still selling on the internet. Regards Keith

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 03:11:18 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knows how you put the numbers on the title rack of the Ami Continental 2 Replica because there is not much room, obviously the original Ami Continental 2 didnt use the same range of numbers. Also does anyone know the actual model of the amp shown on the replica build. Regards Keith

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 05:50:34 am »
Hi Keith,

Not sure on the numbering.

With regards to the amplifier,I would never recomend a hifi amplifier, use the original Rowe Ami amplifier that is matched to the cartridge, and the speakers and more importantly the crossovers of your donor jukebox.

If your donor machine was an hideaway then I can supply the relevant crossovers and speakers to match your amplifier.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

willie50

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »
Thanks again Alan, shall be using my R88 juke box as the donor. Regards Keith

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 06:33:03 am »
Hello Keith,

Using your R-88 jukebox amplifier, crossovers and speakers will be ideal.

One of the suggestions that we have made over the years since this build was created is that rather than soldering the new button bank cables onto the the old keyboard is that we can splice cables into the keyboard loom for you to provide a new loom with cables long enougth to go to the new buttons. You just supply the old loom from the keyboard to the pricing board and we do the rest and provide you will a table for the new wiring.

We also suggest that you mount the old keyboard inside the rear doors to help when servicing/testing the jukebox becuse it is almost impossible to reach the buttons on the front.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK