Main > Main Forum

High Score Competition rules and scoreboard

<< < (2/7) > >>

DeLuSioNal29:
I think it's also OK to hit F10 to advance long intro's rom load times, etc.  Correct?

For example, in Donkey Kong, I usually fast forward the intro when Donkey Kong climbs up the girders and stomps on them.  It adds up to a lot of time if you waited all that out multiple times.

Thoughts?

D

adder:

--- Quote from: DeLuSioNal29 on January 05, 2015, 12:37:13 am ---I think it's also OK to hit F10 to advance long intro's rom load times, etc.  Correct?
--- End quote ---
i forgot to ask that also, can you fast forward parts of the game when u are waiting and can u reset the game as many times as u want if u want to retry  (rather than have to lose all of your lives on purpose and go through the game over sequence etc)
obviously the advantage of the above means u can get more attempts in, with the time you have available to play

sorry for the annoying questions :angel:

pbj:
You guys are really overthinking this.  It's just a friendly competition.  If it feels like cheating, quit doing whatever you're doing.

popsicle:

--- Quote from: pbj on January 05, 2015, 12:32:55 pm ---You guys are really overthinking this.  It's just a friendly competition.  If it feels like cheating, quit doing whatever you're doing.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Jim  :applaud:

Fast forward the intro, quit and restart, play naked, whatever.  Just make sure you follow the...

--- Quote from: popsicle on January 04, 2015, 01:03:21 pm ---General Rules:
- One credit, no continues/save states/autofire/hacks etc.
- If you're a MARP competitor on this title, keep in mind this is just a friendly competition among forum members
- Even if you don't *think* you have a competitive score, post it anyway to keep the thread fun & provide a good sense of score ranges.
- Only post scores that take place during the competition period (no posting your best score from last year, etc.).

--- End quote ---

jasonbar:
New rule: if you're a champ for the year, you have to screw this to your cab for the whole next year, until you send it on to the next winner.

?

-Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version