Main > Wiki Discussion

Wiki Cabinet template

(1/4) > >>

Generic Eric:
I have a suggestion that would make reviewing completed projects easier.  If everyone could include the start date, and finish date, and a link to their project thread, well, that would be great.  Here is an example:

Project Type:
Construction Method:
Monitor Type:
Interface Type:
Special Controls:
Front End:
Start date:
Completion date:
Project thread:

Thanks for considering. 

PL1:
Thanks for bringing up the subject, GE.   ;D

All the recently-added examples should already have a link to the build thread. (sometimes to a homepage)

I like the idea of adding a line for the FE.    :cheers:

Instead of
  Start date:
  Completion date:

How about
  Build date(s):

This makes it easier when only some of the date info is known. (Besides, do specific dates matter on a build from years ago?)

As long as we can at least ball-park it to the nearest year, that's enough to add it to the correct section of the "Builds (by year)" Examples page.

The Upright Examples page is just too overwhelming (600+ cabs  :o) to go through each one individually at this time, so I've been adding new and updating older ones from "Builds (by year)" in Upright Examples with larger thumbnails to indicate which ones on that page have been reviewed and updated.

If anyone knows a particular build from "Upright" that would help round out "Builds (by year)", please feel free to update/add it.

Since we're talking about updating the template, should "Interface Type:" be changed to "Encoder Type:"?

--- Quote ---Project Type:
Construction Method:
Monitor Type:
Encoder Type:            Interface Type:
Special Controls:
Front End:
Build Date(s):              Start date:
                                  Completion date:
Project Thread: (or Build Thread: ?)

--- End quote ---

Scott

Generic Eric:
Well, I've counted  over 100 examples that were finished in the last year, I've got about 4 pages to go through.   Unfortunately, not everyone made a formal  declaration of complete or finished, so I've come to that conclusion manually by going through each thread.

Regarding the FE entry  that was copy pasta from an example.

Interface type works better.

PL1:

--- Quote from: Generic Eric on January 01, 2015, 09:42:04 pm ---Interface type works better.

--- End quote ---
Encoder is the more common term, but it's less effort to leave it as Interface.   :lol

Are you actually planning on adding every one of those 100+ builds to the wiki examples??!!??   :o

Seems like a smaller sample size (maybe 10-20% with a focus on innovative/unique features) could make it easier for both the editor and the readers.

Scott

Generic Eric:

--- Quote from: PL1 on January 01, 2015, 11:25:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: Generic Eric on January 01, 2015, 09:42:04 pm ---Interface type works better.

--- End quote ---
Encoder is the more common term, but it's less effort to leave it as Interface.   :lol

--- End quote ---

Now that I am on the PC, not the phone, hopefully I can manage typing better.  I suggested interface, because sometimes a keyboard is hacked.  *shrug* Either way, both get the message across.

--- Quote from: PL1 on January 01, 2015, 11:25:17 pm ---

--- End quote ---
Are you actually planning on adding every one of those 100+ builds to the wiki examples??!!??   :o

Seems like a smaller sample size (maybe 10-20% with a focus on innovative/unique features) could make it easier for both the editor and the readers.

Scott

--- End quote ---

Point taken.  I am thinning the herd in my review of projects.  Not everyone is HOF/UCA worthy, but I didn't do my review last year and didn't make any nominations.  Lots of the projects appear unfinished when looking at their thread, but some were just a marquee or sideart away from being complete according to their thread.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version