Hey everyone, not too familiar with the BYOAC forum, but I figured I'd post here since this seems like the "hip" place to be. I see a lot of really nice cabs on here and I took a few ideas from some of your builds. Thanks to the mods and thank you for taking the time to check out my project!
Anyway, the reason for this post - a new racing cabinet build! My father happened to be over at TNT Amusements in Southampton, PA earlier this summer and he noticed they had a gutted Cruis’n Exotica cabinet out back, waiting to be trashed. He called, asked if I wanted it, and threw it in the back of his van. It’s been sitting in my basement ever since and I’ve finally gotten around to “breaking ground” on the project. This build thread is going to move quickly and will likely be all over the place – I’m a bit scatterbrained - so try to keep up. Many build threads take months (or even years) to see the final product, but I have already done the majority of the prep work and have really been making a lot of progress over the last few weeks. I’m hoping to have it 100% functional with a Playstation3 by the new year. A custom PC build and Hyperspin configuration will come later in 2015.
Thank you :
- To my wife and daughter for being patient with my temper when working on these types of projects and for helping me throughout the build. Love you both so much.
- To my parents for giving me the skills to take on a project like this from start to finish (well, almost finished). I hope I make them proud doing stupid projects like this.
- To “Bad Boy Bill” (Hyperspin) for changing my life. Some people may think that’s a ridiculous statement, but I literally spent two years straight working on my first Hyperspin setup, back when things were slowly being pieced together around there. He is a visionary and I always appreciated how well he handled the ungrateful a-holes – with class.
- To “gbeef”, for giving me the inspiration to build this cab in the first place. He may or may not frequent this forum any longer, but his “OutRun Paradise” build blew me away and his artwork and attention to detail are second to none. Very, very impressive. : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,111231.0.html
- To “Lucian045” aka, Brad. He generously gives back to our community by printing professional-quality artwork at extremely reasonable prices. Nicest guy you’ll ever talk to and a fellow pin-head to boot. Very knowledgeable about the printing process and what cab-builders need. Couldn’t be happier with the process! I would never use anyone else. : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,134866.msg1391705.html#msg1391705
- To “BadMouth” on the BYOAC forum. I haven’t spent too much time on this forum (yet), but I liked the buttons on his racing cabinet so much I stole the artwork (sorry!). Really appreciate the inspiration. : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,105003.0.html
I’m sure there will be more thank-yous to add, but I really need to start posting some build pics or I may start putting people to sleep. Now, some people like pictures of every step of the process – myself being one of them. I’m trying to take as many pictures as possible throughout and if there’s anything that I can help with or clarify, please don’t hesitate to ask. This community has done a lot for me and I have done relatively little to contribute.
Thanks for looking and please pardon the mess! Without further ado, on to the build…
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Current Build Pics :