Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Needed - Vector Fix It Felix Artwork  (Read 6477 times)

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
Needed - Vector Fix It Felix Artwork
« on: December 11, 2014, 10:18:32 am »
Hey everyone.  I thought I had the vector artwork bundle.  I came to find all I have is bitmaps saved as .eps files.  Not what I need.  What I am asking of everyone is to see if they actually have the FFJR artwork as a .eps file.  That is the artwork is a .eps file I can edit each individual object in the complete art file itself.  So say I open the Control Panel artwork it is going to be several different vector pieces placed together to form the Control panel itself.  Not just a bitmap of the Control Panel saved as a .eps file.  Thank you all.

PS to the moderators.  I know this should be a Artwork post put I put it into the main forum so I could reach a larger audience.  So if you could do me a solid and leave it here I would greatly appreciate it. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:20:12 am by jdbailey1206 »

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Needed - Vector Fix It Felix Artwork
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:50:18 am »
I uploaded the artwork I had downloaded earlier this year from a thread (can't remember exactly which ) that had the artwork posted in several formats (jpg. .eps and .pdf for most) it's 174MB +/- so I think is what you are wanting -- Here's a link to it - ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms276eju43l4g8q/Fix%20it%20Felix%20cabinet%20artwork.rar?dl=0 )

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:03:48 am »
Okay.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  Everything I am getting or trying to open is still coming to me in an UNEDITABLE form.  Still one object.  Maybe someone can hold my hand and inform me what mistakes I am making.  Everything that is .eps in the zipped together file is still ONE OBJECT. 

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 11:39:44 am »
Okay.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  Everything I am getting or trying to open is still coming to me in an UNEDITABLE form.  Still one object.  Maybe someone can hold my hand and inform me what mistakes I am making.  Everything that is .eps in the zipped together file is still ONE OBJECT.

It is the same way for mine -- I believe when it was saved for uploading the person flattened the files to a single object rather than saving it as editable.

EDIT : THe .psd version of the CPO is still in layers if you have Photoshop !!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:44:04 am by JDFan »

SlammedNiss

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:44:54 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:18:20 pm »
Yea, that's exactly what he did. I thought maybe it just needed masked, but the only vector is the button/joystick holes for the CPO.
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

Buick455

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2023, 04:21:07 pm
  • I MUSTA WRECKED IT!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 03:51:36 pm »
I uploaded the artwork I had downloaded earlier this year from a thread

Ty!! I was looking for this. Anybody know why 2 of the 3 CPO's are a different blue? Which is the correct blue?

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 06:03:31 pm »
I uploaded the artwork I had downloaded earlier this year from a thread

Ty!! I was looking for this. Anybody know why 2 of the 3 CPO's are a different blue? Which is the correct blue?

Not sure but you could compare it to the side art and see which color looks correct (to me the lighter one looks to match the sideart more closely --- In looking at the trackball one it is darker because it has 2 blue layers (layer 19 and 20) that are both combining making it darker if either is turned off it becomes close to the lighter color blue - so it might be that the lighter is the correct color and was made darker when adjusting for the new layouts.  :dunno

EDIT : In looking at the 3 CPOs it seems the original layout has the light blue which is matching the sideart -- the other 2 have a darker blue which seems to match the blue in the bezel art -- Not sure which is correct but would also adjust so all 3 blues match If I was printing a set to use !
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:10:23 pm by JDFan »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:13:53 pm »
I was starting to live trace these files in Illustrator, but with all my other projects on the go i don't have time to do the finer details that the automated Illustrator trace will do. such as the fine text and and smaller things you'd see on the instruction cards, etc. The side art and the main images on the CPO and Bezel are no problem to vectorize tho.

Would that help anyone for a baseline to start?

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 04:01:58 pm »
I was starting to live trace these files in Illustrator, but with all my other projects on the go i don't have time to do the finer details that the automated Illustrator trace will do. such as the fine text and and smaller things you'd see on the instruction cards, etc. The side art and the main images on the CPO and Bezel are no problem to vectorize tho.

Yes! I need some to make my cab...

Sorry I know this is an old post but I'm looking for some better Fix It Felix Files. I was wondering if anyone had cleaned up the files mentioned above. Does the art come from scans of the actual machine or are they kinda made up?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm »

Yes! I need some to make my cab...

Sorry I know this is an old post but I'm looking for some better Fix It Felix Files. I was wondering if anyone had cleaned up the files mentioned above. Does the art come from scans of the actual machine or are they kinda made up?

There was a file floating around here that had the artwork and an emulated version of the game.  It was on a external file storage.  Maybe search for that.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

1-UP

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 08:02:07 pm »
Thanks, I've searched all over the internet. If only someone with a real Disney cab would take some nice head-on photos of everything I could vectorize!. I've even tried manipulating YouTube and google image grabs to get a flat trace. There's literally nothing decent to start from. If I was in America I'd visit a machine and take loads of straight images of the art to work on in illustrator. I'm surprised no one has done this yet.

I'm looking for as close to the originals as possible. The artwork people seem to be using has so many differences to the real Disney cabinet. Even people selling kits haven't even bothered to use the right colours! It's odd how many kits give the characters pink faces when they don't on the original cabinet. They're just plain white.

Another thing I noticed was that the illustrations of Gene etc are close but not exactly the same on the CP and the bezel but when it's been recreated, it's a cut and paste job from the CP. I think all the artwork I've found come from the same source.

I'm asking a lot I know but I'm also surprised they're so many people building fifj cabinets, not one other person wants the artwork to be a replica of the real machine and not a mishmash of ropey images with added artistic license. I'd even pay someone for some quality still images of the bezel and cp which wouldn't be they hard for someone with access to a machine at Disney world or wherever they exist.

My return guesture would be to vectorize everything and share some super crisp near-original artwork for everyone to get printed. At the moment it's a lost cause as I can't get an raw material to start.

No offense intended to anyone who's created the files I've found on the internet. I'm sure it's the best possible with what they had to work with. I just wish someone would get better images. I'm stuck in the UK and as far as I know there are no fifj cabs in the uk.

Sorry for the long message . I just hope someone can help get these fifj builds upto a better standard

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 02:16:27 pm »
Which files do you currently have? I have copies of good (but not fully vectored) ones. They're all print quality, 300dpi, but the colors are not 100% as you already mentioned. Red in places where the original cabinet is brown, for instance. But let me know if you want them.

The original disney cabs are QUITE hard to find now, especially since they shut their little arcade in Disneyland down. And even those were purposely gruffed up, torn, and dirtied. So scans wouldn't be perfect.

As someone who built a full-sized Fix It Felix, I'll tell you this, you never notice once it's finished and nobody else in the world will. They'll just be excited to see it! My personal suggestion is don't over-stress on the minor artwork problems. The cabinet will still be beautiful.

As for the game - there are multiple versions floating out there but the original Disney version (or at least an early copy) is pretty easy to find as it was leaked a while back. Google is your friend. The Dragon King built a great wrapper that helps change controls on that version: http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=AboutIFIFJ

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 11:36:57 am »
1-Up have you read the second post in this thread that still contains an active link to all the files in dropbox?

1-UP

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 10:44:22 pm »
Thanks all, much appreciated. I've got all the artwork yes, from the drop box etc. And I think I found some similar work elsewhere. Agreed, my standards are stupidly high and you're right, no one will care that much once it's built.

I honestly thought at least one person from the arcade building / restoration community would have got some good stills of the artwork. I could work with any scans / head on photos even gruffed up ones to get something better into illustrator.

What's annoying is that the artwork available has been traced and vectorized which has lost pretty important detail such as parts of the eyes are no longer round but merged into other polygon shapes, making them jagged.

Sorry I know I sound ungrateful for the hard work which has been made available. I just think it's a shame the art wasn't preserved in some way. Especially if they're no longer accessible.

In the UK I have 0 chance of seeing a FIFJ cab.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 07:24:40 am »
What's annoying is that the artwork available has been traced and vectorized which has lost pretty important detail such as parts of the eyes are no longer round but merged into other polygon shapes, making them jagged.

If you are unhappy with what you have and you can handle Illustrator just pull the vectorized images in and clean them up.  No one will hold it against you.